Data migration to a drive that contains files

I have an old seagate barracuda 1 TB where I store my OS and a bunch of other data as well, and I have a WD Red 3TB where I mostly store games, movies, picture and the like. The seagate is getting full yet the WD Red has loads of space left, I would like to migrate all the data from my barracuda to my WD Red, but I also want to keep all the data on the WD Red. Could this be done by migrating to a separate partition and then combining the partitions afterwards?

I have a partition large enough to accommodate all the data on the barracuda, but how would I go about migrating to the partition, booting from it afterwards and then combining the two partitions on the WD Red into one?

5 hours ago, Julian2000nl said:

Run a linux based distribution and copy the files from the one drive to the other drive.

Don't know if you will be able to boot it from the drive you've copied it to.

Yes and No, ubuntu live or another typical OS would be a waste but many of the data managing programs like Hirens are linux based

5 hours ago, mads7821 said:

So how might one go about doing this?

there are softwares that run in the ram just for this suxh as clonezilla. Download Ultimate Boot CD or Hirens and look up How Tos

The other option is to just use an in OS program to clone the drive, boot from it, then clean the old drive and adjust files to your liking. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567]