Graphics card possibly dead after screen went black in a game

Schokkerino
Go to solution Solved by TGROBBO,
1 minute ago, Schokkerino said:

Tried using bottom DVI-D input and top one, same result :S

I guess it is a fault with the GPU capacitors or something else, like you said. All I can think of now is an RMA.

I will start from the beginning:  
I was sitting in a CS:GO lobby waiting for the game to start and out of no where my screen went black and I kept hearing the game beep that my game is ready in a loop. I was still able to hear my friends on teamspeak and talk with them.  
I then restarted my computer only to find out my screen wasn't turning on, so I figured I should take out my graphics card and clean out my computer a bit.  
I cleaned out my computer from dust and whatnot, I re-seated my graphics card in the topmost PCI-e slot and even used a different slot on my (modular) power supply for the PCI-e cables.  
When I started my computer my graphics card fan was spinning at 100% constantly and I still had no display, so I took out the graphics card and placed it in a different PCI-e slot, same result.  
I also tried to clear CMOS a few times, still ended up with my display not turning on, I am currently using my onboard graphics (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600) and the rest of my computer seems to be fine.    
FYI I already had to send back this graphics card to Gigabyte as a capacitor exploded, they didn't send me a new card so they just replaced the capacitor and whatnot (this was 3 months ago). 
I hope there's something I could try to fix this before trying to RMA it.  

Full specs:  
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz  
PSU: Corsair CX750M (I know it's.. you know.. :))  
MOBO: Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5-CF  
RAM: Corsair Vengeance® 16GB 1600MHz  
GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (Gigabyte)  
HDD: 3TB Western Digital Red  

How long have you had the monitor? If the screen doesn't turn on at all, it could also be the monitor which has a problem - likely also a capacitor that went bad.

edit: I just noticed you say you're using your onboard graphics chip, and it works. So, not the monitor, then.

Do you see any burn marks on the card's components, or any bugling on its capacitors? If the graphics card is blowing the same capacitor, then there's a bigger problem that's causing the capacitor to blow. Tell Gigabyte, ask for a full replacement.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

3 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

How long have you had the monitor? If the screen doesn't turn on at all, it could also be the monitor which has a problem - likely also a capacitor that went bad.

edit: I just noticed you say you're using your onboard graphics chip, and it works. So, not the monitor, then.

If the graphics card is blowing the same capacitor, then there's a problem that's causing the capacitor to blow. Tell Gigabyte, ask for a full replacement.

The graphics card looks fine by the looks of it, nothing blown and especially the same capacitor. There must be something else that's wrong than that. 

27 minutes ago, Schokkerino said:

The graphics card looks fine by the looks of it, nothing blown and especially the same capacitor. There must be something else that's wrong than that. 

try changing the psu connectors.

3 minutes ago, TGROBBO said:

try changing the psu connectors.

I already did that as stated in OP.

3 minutes ago, Schokkerino said:

I already did that as stated in OP.

Have you tried changing display inputs? (not stated in OP :/ )

2 minutes ago, TGROBBO said:

Have you tried changing display inputs? (not stated in OP :/ )

1 minute ago, Schokkerino said:

I guess it is a fault with the GPU capacitors or something else, like you said. All I can think of now is an RMA.

Just now, appieh4ck said:

Have you tried turning it on and off yet?

read the post dude