Issues with Linus's recent videos

xkronusx
9 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

1) It's actually $12.99 for the white one from the same company on Amazon.ca.  Learn to shop before you moan and complain.  https://www.amazon.ca/CableCreation-DisplayPort-Adapter-Support-Converter/dp/B01912GND0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1459030559&sr=8-4&keywords=DisplayPort+4K+HDMI

Wait, I found it in black too!  https://www.amazon.ca/CableCreation-DisplayPort-Adapter-Support-Converter/dp/B013G4EXMM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1459030559&sr=8-7&keywords=DisplayPort+4K+HDMI

There, a dollar cheaper AND you have color options.

2) I'm just going to post this photo of the CN Tower from my living room and then ask that you explain to me that this 'Canadian Rupie' and 'Border Fees' that I am missing in 'The Big Picture'.

11742645_10207346032672221_503582248422806605_n.jpg

Aren't you just a dog with a bone eh? You still are missing the bigger picture, I'm not looking to spend any more money on cables period. 

And cool, you live in Toronto that's nice, but let me ask you something. How much was that air conditioner, because I actually need something like that.

Also the Canadian rupple is a joke Linus has said a few times, figured it goes without saying the CAD is horrible right now. Another thing comes to mind, you should know (just as well as any other Canadian), how difficult it is to purchase electronics. 

Heck just look at how many things are straight up not offered to be shipped to Canada. So you get a buddy to ship it over and 'Border fees' do apply, 5% of purchase at the minimum.

So for arguments sake,

take a $350 USD -> CAD $464.43 (at todays going rate according to google)

add 6% tax($27.86) $492.29

add $30 of shipping and we are already at $522.29 

add 5% border fees, ($24.61) 

$546.90 is what we end up with.

So yes that $12.99 cable that I would have never bought in the first place you can find in Canada. Great! But I was never going to purchase it and it was just a small complaint that finding those items in Canada is not always easy. So no I did not look for that item, because it was linked in a forum and I am not buying it. 

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

8 hours ago, xkronusx said:

So yes that $12.99 cable that I would have never bought in the first place you can find in Canada. Great! But I was never going to purchase it and it was just a small complaint that finding those items in Canada is not always easy. So no I did not look for that item, because it was linked in a forum and I am not buying it. 

...You're a complete idiot and you have done nothing in this thread but waste peoples time with your constant front of arrogance and ignorance, which you can't let go of even in the face of a $12.99 solution to your problem...  ...A problem which had to have the solution explained to you as if you were five years old...

I have read the original post through a few times, and I am having issues figuring out what this thread is supposed to be.

Video suggestion?

Help to find the proper HDMI cable?

Shaming Linus?

hmm...

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

On 3/24/2016 at 11:28 AM, Moonzy said:

well LTT's content have strayed far from what they used to do

reviews of products, be it high end or mid range

now they mostly only review costly stuffs, and goof off to do things that doesnt even make sense

Agreed. Most of the people can't afford all that stuff. I can kinda see 7 gamers 1 cpu in a "meh" video category also. I mean sure it's nice but people don't have the money for something like that. It's the same with the server videos. 1 or 2 videos would've been enough.

Instead he could do videos like: OS tweaks , bios and firmware mods , how does low end new hardware compare to mid-high end from several years ago , some do it yourself mods that cost very little .. and the list goes on.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

7 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

...You're a complete idiot and you have done nothing in this thread but waste peoples time with your constant front of arrogance and ignorance, which you can't let go of even in the face of a $12.99 solution to your problem...  ...A problem which had to have the solution explained to you as if you were five years old...

Your utter lack of ability to stay on topic is hilarious, you've done nothing but use an ad hominem attack the entire time we have gone back and forth. Yet you assume the moral higher ground. 

So let me bring myself to your level shall we?

Your grammar is poor, you only aim to make others miserable, you offer nothing to others and are a miserable human being.

You waste your own time, no one forces you to come onto this forum and post anything. Take responsibility for your own actions and stop pretending like the world owes you a thing. I asked an open question to whomever has the information I was seeking. This does not mean that I was guaranteed an answer nor was I expecting one for certain.

But you will pick and prod at things that have nothing to do with anything just for a fight won't you.

I can ask any amount of questions and you will look for the one that most suits your argument just so you can be 'right'. Well good luck being 'right' it won't make you happy.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q