What to choose guys?

@I am an SSD Thank you for the information, I'm not going to do some editing at this moment. Maybe I'm going to try editing about few years from now, I just gonna do some gaming stuff like, gta v, mortal kombat x, csgo, dota 2, battlefield 4, battlefront, etc. Is it gonna be ok?

6 hours ago, Talamakara said:

I'm going to ask this. What do you plan to do with this PC?

I'm just gonna do some gaming for now..

22 minutes ago, Kerlen said:

Thank you all of you who give me information, I'm sorry if I didn't respond to quick, any way, I'm going to change it parts:

I choose the gigabyte, because of its price compare to msi radeon r9 390.. I could save about $30..

I change my power supply to evga P2 because it's on the same price with the G2.

I change my western digital caviar blue 1tb to an ssd, and I choose sandisk because it it the cheapest right now and have so many good reviews.

Guys please re-criticize this.. :)

Majority looks good.

I wouldn't change that R9 390 - the cooler on the Gigabyte variant are mediocre and it's voltage locked. The MSI model is much better. See if you can get any other cheaper models (but don't get ASUS and GIGABYTE).

You won't need 750W, 650W is fine; save some cash and go with that.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 hours ago, Briggsy said:

grab an MSI 390/390x. Quietest and best overclocking 390 in my experience. According to Jayztwocents, the power draw is about 60 watts more then a 970 on average under full furmark load (worst case scenario, basically like having a lightbulb on), but performs better than a 970 in DX11 in most titles, and you can bet that the 390 will trample the 970 once dx12 is mainstream. your only reason to go with a 900 series at this point is if you already have a Gsync display, or you need Cuda hardware for a specific reason.

It cost about $30 more on a Gigabyte Radeon R9 390, If I choose msi over gigabyte is it worth it?

4 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Majority looks good.

I wouldn't change that R9 390 - the cooler on the Gigabyte variant are mediocre and it's voltage locked. The MSI model is much better. See if you can get any other cheaper models (but don't get ASUS and GIGABYTE).

You won't need 750W, 650W is fine; save some cash and go with that.

Why not asus and gigabyte for an r9 390?

Just now, Kerlen said:

Why not asus and gigabyte for an r9 390?

Crap coolers meaning they run hot.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 hours ago, Tech Deals said:

Your budget is just fine, look at Anandtech's reviews of games on the i5 and i7, there is very little difference between the two.  Not the sort that is remotely worth another $130 in price in any case.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/21

Look at the games, there is basically no difference between the i5-6600K and the i7-6700K.

wow, thank you.. I just want to ask, what if feature games will need higher video card, is it a good choice if I go with the 390x? I think I would upgrade my video card for a long time..

12 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Crap coolers meaning they run hot.

ahh, so it's not good to overclocking, right?

Just now, Kerlen said:

Yea, for AMD I'd get the MSI cards...  I personally love the ACX 2.0 coolers from EVGA, but they are NVidia only...  For AMD, MSI, it is usually worth a few extra dollars...

1 minute ago, Kerlen said:

Basically. I don't think you'd want the extra heat on top anyway.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Kerlen said:

wow, thank you.. I just want to ask, what if feature games will need higher video card, is it a good choice if I go with the 390x? I think I would upgrade my video card for a long time..

You're most welcome. :)

The R9 390 will run most games at reasonable detail levels at 1440p or everything at ultra detail at 1080p.  The x is faster, but personally I don't think it is worth the extra $50, but that's me.

Something to consider, the GTX 970 uses about 100 watts less power.  It does cost $30 more than the card you added, or the same cost as the MSI card ($330 or so), get the EVGA FTW or SuperClocked edition, they have a nice overclock, and be sure to get the ACX 2.0 cooler, not the reference cooler.  You can drop down to a 600 watt power supply and save money there, if you want to.  Just food for thought.

10 minutes ago, Tech Deals said:

You're most welcome. :)

The R9 390 will run most games at reasonable detail levels at 1440p or everything at ultra detail at 1080p.  The x is faster, but personally I don't think it is worth the extra $50, but that's me.

Something to consider, the GTX 970 uses about 100 watts less power.  It does cost $30 more than the card you added, or the same cost as the MSI card ($330 or so), get the EVGA FTW or SuperClocked edition, they have a nice overclock, and be sure to get the ACX 2.0 cooler, not the reference cooler.  You can drop down to a 600 watt power supply and save money there, if you want to.  Just food for thought.

if a choose amd, I can save a little bit for the hardware, and if I choose 970 I can save power, is my interpretation correct?

try going to pcpartpicker and view completed builds, adjust some of the sliders to your price range, cpu, gpu and see what others have build for a general idea

http://pcpartpicker.com/builds/#c=285&g=121,139,142,145&G=0&X=0,110500

it would be also easier if you use the pcpartpicker link so people can easily adjust the components and give their input

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

3 hours ago, Kerlen said:

It cost about $30 more on a Gigabyte Radeon R9 390, If I choose msi over gigabyte is it worth it?

very much so. The MSI card's fans don't spin until the core hits 60C, which means when gaming basically. With a modest overclock of 1150/1650 I can't get the fans to spin while doing a cinebench openGL test, and while playing the Division the card stays around 75-77C.

The Gigabyte card on the other hand supposedly hits mid 80's at stock clocks under load.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

If you are going AMD I'd say stick with the 390 but as said before do not go with the Gigabyte or Asus ones. They both have well known cooling issues & the GB is voltage locked so it will not OC very well at all. If you get a well designed 390 you can OC it to match a stock 390X easy & possibly beyond that depending on the silicone lottery. I'd recommend the XFX Double Dissipation R9 390 as they have actually done a very good job this time around with their cooler on it. I have one & while it was in use I was running it at 1175/1700 with temps maxing out around 76C under heavy load.

All in all the build looks pretty solid now though, the only other change I would make is the mobo to an Gigabyte or Asus on since that is what parts those companies are the best at making. Although that is mostly personal preference from me, the MSI board has no glaring issues I am aware of so it would not be worth changing unless you can save a few bucks.

On 3/25/2016 at 3:00 PM, Kerlen said:

@I am an SSD Thank you for the information, I'm not going to do some editing at this moment. Maybe I'm going to try editing about few years from now, I just gonna do some gaming stuff like, gta v, mortal kombat x, csgo, dota 2, battlefield 4, battlefront, etc. Is it gonna be ok?

More than okay. Easily ultra settings at 1080p . And trust me, even if you wanted to edit, the i5 6600 is no slouch. There are places where you can save money, but as the build you posted is within your budget, no problem in spending a little bit, it worth it. Good luck :) 

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler