[Rumor] Dyson Developing Electric Car

PCMag Article: http://uk.pcmag.com/cars-products/76331/news/rumor-dyson-developing-electric-car

Dyson, best known for making vacuum cleaners, will reportedly receive funding from the British government to develop an electric car.

the company has branched out beyond vacuum cleaners in the past. 

If their vacuums are anything to go by then an electric car made by them should be pretty good, and expensive.

i7 4790k 4.8GHz  |  16 DDR3 RAM  |  MSI Gaming 5 Mobo  |  ASUS GTX 980 Matrix Platinum

I feel like they would've had to have done this 5-8 years ago so that people would actually buy them. Who is going to go out and buy an electric vehicle from a company that makes vacuums when we got Tesla and others out there who dominate the market. Only thing that can help them is their pricing, but even Tesla has a middle class vehicle which is relatively cheap 

Dyson Vacuums, Suck

Dyson Fans, Blow

Dyson Cars, Glide

[Ok that was stupid.]

Well at least we all know it will be well overpriced for being branded a Dyson. 

Dyson's are the Apple of Vacuums. :ph34r:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

The more players in this electric car scene, the better it would turn out for the consumers in the long run. Dyson's electric motor engineering even on something as simple as hand dryer is pretty damn good. 

Well at least vacuum cleaners use electric motors, unlike the Sinclair Spectrum.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

"will reportedly receive funding from the British government to develop an electric car."

That's why Britain's government (or any government for that matter) is so shit at managing costs for technology related things. Of all the companies in the fucking world to choose from, you know, Tesla, GM, Volkswagen, you know the deal, they choose a flipping home appliances designer/manufacturer. Is it because they're British and the others aren't? I bet it is. And it's going to bite them in the ass very fast and very painfully. Hell, if you want to make it British, ask Aston Martin, or even better, Jaguar (since they don't just have brilliant looking sports cars but also sedans and SUVs 'n stuff). You know, the companies with actual experience in building cars.

Governments, particularly the UK's, are as technologically hopeless as a bunch of bricks, and that's an insult to the bricks.

Ye ole' train

On 25. März 2016 at 8:50 PM, lots of unexplainable lag said:

"will reportedly receive funding from the British government to develop an electric car."

That's why Britain's government (or any government for that matter) is so shit at managing costs for technology related things. Of all the companies in the fucking world to choose from, you know, Tesla, GM, Volkswagen, you know the deal, they choose a flipping home appliances designer/manufacturer. Is it because they're British and the others aren't? I bet it is. And it's going to bite them in the ass very fast and very painfully. Hell, if you want to make it British, ask Aston Martin, or even better, Jaguar (since they don't just have brilliant looking sports cars but also sedans and SUVs 'n stuff). You know, the companies with actual experience in building cars.

Governments, particularly the UK's, are as technologically hopeless as a bunch of bricks, and that's an insult to the bricks.

Jaguar (and Land Rover) is owned by an Indian Company called Tata Motors. Aston Martin was partly bought by Italiens ,though the bigger share belongs to a british company. 

So the cars might be produced in Great Britain, but the people who own the companies have little to do with the country. Same goes for McLaren, I think one quarter belongs to an english company the rest foreign.

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10