Prom Car Rental

dark_xzyph3r

Hey guys, I am renting a car for prom. I would rather not take the 650+ HP Station Wagon (Seriously it has that power) and am wondering what you guys would take to prom if you could rent a car. I am looking at renting a Dodge Charger Hellcat or something like that but not sure.. Pls don't say Lambos or anything like that since they are expensive as fuck. 

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

bmw m5? audi s6? mercedes e63? seems like you want a nice comfortable powerful car to rent.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

bmw m5? audi s6? mercedes e63? seems like you want a nice comfortable powerful car to rent.

Yeah I like powerful cars as I have always been around 1200+ HP cars all my life

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

3 minutes ago, dark_xzyph3r said:

Yeah I like powerful cars as I have always been around 1200+ HP cars all my life

then yeah, get a powerful german sedan then. comfortable, fast, and luxurious. i mean if you can find one to rent for a day, that would be sweet. here are my choices:

bmw m5

audi s6

audi rs7 

mercedes e63

mercedes s65

all of these cars fit that criteria. you won't be disappointed, though maybe the rental price might be high, if you can even find one at a rental shop.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

then yeah, get a powerful german sedan then. comfortable, fast, and luxurious. i mean if you can find one to rent for a day, that would be sweet. here are my choices:

bmw m5

audi s6

audi rs7 

mercedes e63

mercedes s65

all of these cars fit that criteria. you won't be disappointed, though maybe the rental price might be high, if you can even find one at a rental shop.

Enterprise near me has a Hellcat so I think they would have those :P

1 minute ago, dark_xzyph3r said:

Enterprise near me has a Hellcat so I think they would have those :P

yeah but i see that as too brash tbh. your date might not like that. i suggest you go with a german sedan.

how the hell does enterprise have a hellcat lol

Just now, terrytek said:

yeah but i see that as too brash tbh. your date might not like that. i suggest you go with a german sedan.

how the hell does enterprise have a hellcat lol

Haha I have no idea lol I might go with a BMW then :P How are the M3's?

Just now, Charger said:

isnt minimum age to rent a car most placed 21?

Mom is renting for me

5 minutes ago, dark_xzyph3r said:

Mom is renting for me

good luck getting added as an additional driver so that you are covered by insurance to drive the car.

Just now, Charger said:

good luck getting added as an additional driver so that you are covered by insurance to drive the car.

It is a $10 extra fee which isnt a big deal

Just now, dark_xzyph3r said:

It is a $10 extra fee which isnt a big deal

its a $10 fee and probably needing to meet the same age requirement and the renter.

27 minutes ago, dark_xzyph3r said:

M3s are absolutely legendary.

I wouldn't go with an Audi because the only high schoolers I've seen drive those are utter tools who want people to think they are car people.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Just now, Charger said:

its a $10 fee and probably needing to meet the same age requirement and the renter.

Just tried to reserve a car as an 18 Year old (Which I will be in may) and it let me

7 minutes ago, Whorax said:

M3s are absolutely legendary.

I wouldn't go with an Audi because the only high schoolers I've seen drive those are utter tools who want people to think they are car people.

Yeah, don't worry about me making people think that I am a car person lol been building cars from the ground since I could hold a tool :D Prolly gonna go with an M5 or Dodge Challenger

7 minutes ago, dark_xzyph3r said:

Just tried to reserve a car as an 18 Year old (Which I will be in may) and it let me

I know there are a few states that legally have the age at 18 so hopefully it all works out for you.

6 minutes ago, dark_xzyph3r said:

Yeah, don't worry about me making people think that I am a car person lol been building cars from the ground since I could hold a tool :D Prolly gonna go with an M5 or Dodge Challenger

I'd go with an M5 out of the two. While I think Challengers are bad ass cars M5s are more tame and classy and much more suited to proms.

Just remember--girls like comfortable rides, heated seats, and sophisticated looking machines; not sporty rough suspensions where you're practically one with the road and super loud exhausts and burnouts. Also ask yourself, which one would be easier to get laid in?:P My bet is on the M5.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Well I'd just take the station wagon. Plenty of space, fast, comfortable. What more could you need?

3 minutes ago, Whorax said:

I'd go with an M5 out of the two. While I think Challengers are bad ass cars M5s are more tame and classy and much more suited to proms.

Just remember--girls like comfortable rides, heated seats, and sophisticated looking machines; not sporty rough suspensions where you're practically one with the road and super loud exhausts and burnouts. Also ask yourself, which one would be easier to bang in?:P My bet is on the M5.

Haha, I really need to get out of the mindset of super powerful and harsh cars xD Gonna go M5 or I could always go with a Nissan Leaf? :D 

3 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

Well I'd just take the station wagon. Plenty of space, fast, comfortable. What more could you need?

Also extremely loud.. Like to the point where I had the cops called on me last week because of a straight pipe out of the turbo under the car.. LS6's are really loud lol It is setup for drag racing.. Has Slicks on all 4 wheels (That 4 wheel drive though)

28 minutes ago, dark_xzyph3r said:

You can setup a rental all you want online, even a 5 year old.

You just need to present your drivers license at time of pick-up to prove age and eligibility. ;) [I'm sure you already know this]

BTW go with the BMW, elegance is more impressive than horsepower, unless your girl is into horsepower.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

You can setup a rental all you want online, even a 5 year old.

You just need to present your drivers license at time of pick-up to prove age and eligibility. ;) [I'm sure you already know this]

Yep I know :)

1 hour ago, dark_xzyph3r said:

they are amazing, though if you want a new one, you can only get them as a sedan. the m3 coupe is no more. and honestly it's better to get one in a manual, so you can still have some fun.

40 minutes ago, Whorax said:

Just remember--girls like comfortable rides, heated seats, and sophisticated looking machines; not sporty rough suspensions where you're practically one with the road and super loud exhausts and burnouts. Also ask yourself, which one would be easier to get laid in?:P My bet is on the M5.

either an m5 or a mercedes e63. audis are always getting negative connotations by everybody because teens buy them and hoon them. i personally will drive my own e39 m5 (when i have it) to prom because it's as said by many, to be one of the greatest bmws ever made. a nice balance between comfort, power, fun, and classiness. like it's a great looking car and not too much power so ou don't have to be seen as an asshole who hoons cars.

But i most likely rent a nice car for prom or maybe rent a limo junior year since i most likely won't have my m5 by prom junior year, but that might be a slim possiblility i could. but maybe i could rent something nice if there's a rental car company that has a nice car for rent.