Can two GTX 950s support VR?

So I'm not much of a gamer (My main game is TF2, and I don't really play any of those AAA games), and have decided that I'll go with a GTX 950 for the PC build that I'm planning on buying. However, I'm a HUGE fan of virtual reality, and plan on trying to get my hands on it as soon as it is a bit more budget-friendly, as well as when I have a PC to run it. 

Now the question is, can I in the future, add another GTX 950 to my previous one and have the power to run VR, or will I have to buy a new graphics card and replace my 950 with it?

Maybe... The Vram might be an issue but the Gpus should at least be CAPABLE. Keep in mind that not all games support sli. If you can spend an extra 30 bucks i would recommend an r9 380 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Not very well no. That may power the lower end demos for the DK2 (Two 1080p screens), but certainly not the HTC VIVE. I can tell you a single 980ti will power minecraft vr at 9 distance on the DK2.

blackshades on