Building my first PC soon. My parts so far. (Feel free to give feedback, Thanks)

TobyMann

What i'm thinking of buying: 

CPU: Intel core i5 6600k
CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H110i GTX
Motherboard: MSI Z170a gaming m5
Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Hard Drive: WD Blue 1TB
Powersupply: EVGA superNOVA G2 850W
Ram: Corsair vengeance LPX RED DDR4 2x8GB 2133MHz
GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390 or GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0
Corsair Air Series SP140 HSP LED (x2 for top, Out)
Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet LED (X1 for back, Out)
Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet LED (x3 for front, Inn)
Keyboard: Corsair Gaming strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent
Mousepad: SteelSerie QcK+
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Monitor: BenQ XL2430T
OEM: Windows 10 pro
Feel free to give me some feedback.
Thank You.

I like it! I'd go with the 970 over the 390 personally, specifically if you've ever even thought of running linux on it. Linux + AMD = bad.

Even if not, I'd still go 970 because I like nvidia :) but that's your choice. All around looks great though.

5 minutes ago, TobyMann said:

Ninja'd

Really Nice build, but i would recommend a 980 for this scale of hardware. if its for gaming, but if its just for working and other stuff, you can keep the 970.  Really Nice build overall, Cant wait to see the result.

---UtterMayhem

Ask me About the Signature 

Spoiler

It's a new Comic Series my team and I are working on.

Here are Sneak Peaks of it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qk86iyvbp2wce6/AABFjOL1Yp2bQG7xruxuVToTa?dl=0

2 minutes ago, KRC1023 said:

I like it! I'd go with the 970 over the 390 personally, specifically if you've ever even thought of running linux on it. Linux + AMD = bad.

Even if not, I'd still go 970 because I like nvidia :) but that's your choice. All around looks great though.

Thanks for the reply! But i am going for a red build, so the red  r9 390 will look Better then the 970. If i had not gone with the red build i'd gone with the 970 too.

Do you really need Win10 pro? and remember if you don't get an optical drive you gotta get the USB flash version of win10, it's basically the same just a bit more expensive still less than pro.  And do you really need the hard drive? I would skip it. Get a larger SSD much better less sound, lasts longer and is faster.

2 minutes ago, TobyMann said:

Thanks for the reply! But i am going for a red build, so the red  r9 390 will look Better then the 970. If i had not gone with the red build i'd gone with the 970 too.

Asus STRIX cards have red accents on the nvidia cards :) Just FYI

Edit: MSI's have even more

1 minute ago, Utter_Mayhem said:

Really Nice build, but i would recommend a 980 for this scale of hardware. if its for gaming, but if its just for working and other stuff, you can keep the 970.  Really Nice build overall, Cant wait to see the result.

I am thinking of using a r9 390 not 970. And i am going to use it mostly for gaming, but the monitor i am buying is 1080p, so something like the 980ti is just wasting money. And i am going for a red build, so the red r9 390 looks amazing. Thanks for the feedback!

3 minutes ago, KRC1023 said:

Asus STRIX cards have red accents on the nvidia cards :) Just FYI

Edit: MSI's have even more

Hmmm, ill look into it

3 minutes ago, Loleo said:

Do you really need Win10 pro? and remember if you don't get an optical drive you gotta get the USB flash version of win10, it's basically the same just a bit more expensive still less than pro.  And do you really need the hard drive? I would skip it. Get a larger SSD much better less sound, lasts longer and is faster.

I have a old computer with Windows 7 pro, so ill Get windows 10 pro for free to a USB and then use that. And the case i am buying does not have a optical drive so i have to use USB. And Yes i need the hard drive. SSD costs so much more . I am just using the 250GB SSD for Windows 10 so faster boot time, and steam and my favorite games. Need the 1TB m8. Thanks for the feedback. 

29 minutes ago, TobyMann said:

-SNIP-

Ok, no problem, have a good one!

In my opinion you could probably skimp a bit more on the PSU. If you dont intend to run SLI then ~500-600w is more than enough. Make sure you keep a reputable brand though (EVGA is a good choice).

As for 390 vs 970. 390 is probably your best bet for pure gaming. If you want to do ANYTHING else (video editing, modeling etc) 970 will be optimal. Colour shouldnt really be your deciding factor! :D.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact