Suggested video – comparing the budget inks to Official ones

Do you use official or budget inks for your printer?  

1. 1. Which inks do you guys and girls buy?

• Official ink cartridges from printer manufacturer
    • Third-party ink cartridges
    • Third-party refill service
  2. 2. Have you found a difference in quality between official and unofficial inks?

• Yes
    • No

So I preface this by saying that I am a photographer, and for most paid and corporate work I use a printing company. However I do have a high quality printer for my own personal work and in case I need to provide a client with a print quicker than I could use in third party company. 

One thing that is very difficult to find out, and I'm assuming perhaps difficult to test as well, is the real difference between third party, cheap, thinks that are available on Amazon and eBay, and those that printer companies officially sell themselves. I have myself tested this a few times across a couple of printers. My own opinion was that the quality of the final product relied more heavily on the quality of the paper and not that of the ink. However, there was no real  'Science' to my tests. 

I could see this kind of investigation being perfect for Luke's workshop series and/or a great video for somebody like Brandon who has an interest in photography and videography. 

I have considered printing the same image using official inks, and unofficial thinks and then leaving them in somewhere like a conservatory to see how they fair against constant direct sunlight.  The problem is, to do this I would need two separate, identical printers with two sets of different inks in them. 

I have done a little bit of searching are crossed Google and YouTube, and despite many opinion pieces, there is very little content about it. Again another reason why I think this would make a great video and would probably draw eating a lots of viewers from the photography community   

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

As video idea this is one of those I think are more "meh". Most people print text and low quality pics for anything to matter much.

I've used both official, 3rd arty and filled cartridges. Official ones are always best, but only because they last longest. I could pick cheap ones for half the price, but they only last about 75% from official ones. Same goes with filled ones, but they cost only fraction from official ones. I haven't noticed anything special about quality.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv