First Time Build $3500~ Budget

JMJenkins

So my time has finally come, to remove myself from these low fps shackles and ascend to god hood for the smooth frames that everyone else has been obtaining with their shiny new rigs and 165Hz monitors with G-Sync at 1440p, NO MORE I SAY, I'm done with 20-50 FPS (dependant on the game) at 1080p with my lowly ATI HD 5770 1GB, my time is now!

Now that we've passed the dramatic intro, I've finally come to the point in my life where I can afford my new rig and step into the light. Plain and simple, here is the PC build, also, I will be in Virginia, USA at the time of purchase just a few weeks away.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($369.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.98 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($217.99 @ NCIX US) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($217.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Black  6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($299.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB HYBRID Video Card  ($689.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.46 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($56.88 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full - USB (32/64-bit)  ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Acer XB271HU bmiprz 165Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($769.99 @ B&H) 
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($74.95 @ Adorama) 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset  ($97.94 @ Amazon) 
Other: Goliath Extended CONTROL Mouse Pad ($33.99)
Other: ATH-2020 USB Microphone ($139.95)
Other: Dragonpad pop filter (for Microphone) ($10.00)
Other: Microphone Arm Holder (Desk Clamp) ($13.50)
Total: $3675.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

To give an idea of my madness, I wanted to go into streaming for a long time now, but multiple things holding me back, the first one obviously being my PC which is now being resolved, let's leave it at that. Also, do not think I went and added whatever had the highest reviews blindly, I've watched over 10 hours of reviews and benchmarks from Jayz/Linus/HardwareCanucks/Joker Productions, over several months for most of the pieces of hardware I wanted to get, now that it is time to actually go to America and buy it, this is what I've chosen, I mainly need advice on what I am or am not doing correctly.

So to start things off, I wanted a quiet PC but with fans on, the only idea I had was to do some water cooling but I don't trust myself with to make a DIY Full Loop Liquid cooling system so what's the next best thing? AIO Coolers, Linus had sponsored the CM Nepton 240M for so long that I want to go with it as it looks nice and from his review, it's pretty good. In Lukes latest workshop video I saw the CM MasterRace 5 Pro with the radiator and Noctua fans with a pull method on top of the rad for easier dust removal, I wanted to copy that exactly as dust is the bane of my existence when I have to clean it out but please help me here, I have no idea which Noctua fans I should go for, they need to be 2x 120mm for a pull configuration on top of the radiator. 

Speaking of the CM MasterRace 5 Pro case, I wanted to use 3 Noctua fans in the front but at the same time, I don't want to see those horrible colors in the front, and I'm too lazy to paint them myself #CouchPotato. So I need some ideas on some quiet but efficient 3x 140mm fans that would be nice for the front of the case.

Now back to the quiet PC idea, I didn't want a loud GPU, my current GPU can get really loud and sits on 86c while playing nearly any game that is from 2014 onwards, so after many benchmarks and reviews, I found that the EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid was most likely the best for me, with it's low heat around 35c to 50c even at full load and overclocked allowing it to remain silent.

For the motherboard, it looks nice, it's a motherboard, what more could I ask for? (That BIOS menu though)

RAM has been shown time and time again that it doesn't affect gaming almost at all, and if it does, it's by a frame or two, so instead of going with what I call the minimal 16GB, I wanted to future proof a bit and go 32GB with the option of upgrading to 64GB if need be, huzzah!

Storage is a bit tough, I say to myself I don't need much storage but then I looked at my storage right now, it's bad, I've been using a 128GB SSD but I like to have some newer games on it, and with games getting larger per month, I'd rather just have the 512GB ready, as for backing up and storage for many various things, I'd just going to go for WD Black 6TB HD, it's large and in charge, I dislike have multiple storage devices, I really do.... don't make fun of me, 'kay?

PSU, this is a silly one but I believe it's silly to go lower, the PSU is just really good and it's only $80 more expensive than the 750 watt PSU, so I thought, what the heck, future proofed, no need to say more.

Oooooooohhhhh, the pièce de résistance (say it with a French accent or I'll hit you with a baguette o.o), the monitor, oh how I've been waiting and waiting to get one of these babies while I sit here with my 23" IPS 1080p panel (bad design too ;-;) The XB271HU, with it's smooth 165HZ (overclocked) IPS and G-Sync, there is nothing more to say, this monitor is what I want and I shall HAVE IT! 

TL;DR

Go back up and read the wall of text, pleb.

4 minutes ago, JMJenkins said:

The PSU is just really good and it's only $80 more expensive than the 750 watt PSU

'Only $80 more expensive'

I wish I could think like you.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

'Only $80 more expensive'

I wish I could think like you.

Haha, it was actually my dad's way of thinking when I discussed this with him, I'm paying $80 more for a more efficient and larger capacity which is supposedly meant to last me 4-6 years if not more, it's worth it in the long run.

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

You know with this budget you can get sli 980 ti's?

Also get a X61 it preforms better/cooler

I know what I can and cannot get, SLI is definately something I want but from listening to my friends and watching videos/streams and so on, not all games support it, so I'm paying for it but not getting all of the features out of it. When SLI becomes the norm, then I'll look at it.

As for the X61, I'll look into it, thanks.

9 minutes ago, JMJenkins said:

Oooooooohhhhh, the pièce de résistance (say it with a French accent or I'll hit you with a baguette o.o)

this cracked me up :P

If your going to be gaming dont use the M50x there not the best for gaming I would recommend the HyperX Cloud II. Also if your going to be streaming it would be really good to have a mute button on the microphone which that one doesnt but the Blue Yetti does, you should probably get that. Btw love the case its my favorite ;)

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

8 minutes ago, FuriousGamer said:

If your going to be gaming dont use the M50x there not the best for gaming I would recommend the HyperX Cloud II. Also if your going to be streaming it would be really good to have a mute button on the microphone which that one doesnt but the Blue Yetti does, you should probably get that. Btw love the case its my favorite ;)

A question about the Hyperx Cloud II, the main reason I wanted the M50x is because they are, what I call, over-ear headphones, they don't squish my ears, they are large enough to sit over them, just like my Logitech G930 I have now. So for the HyperX Cloud 2, are they over-ear or on-ear headphones?

3 minutes ago, JMJenkins said:

A question about the Hyperx Cloud II, the main reason I wanted the M50x is because they are, what I call, over-ear headphones, they don't squish my ears, they are large enough to sit over them, just like my Logitech G930 I have now. So for the HyperX Cloud 2, are they over-ear or on-ear headphones?

Over ear

Very VERY comfortable, ask anyone who has them

7 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Over ear

Very VERY comfortable, ask anyone who has them

Thanks for the information and advice, I'll change it and try them out :)

1 minute ago, JMJenkins said:

Thanks for the information and advice, I'll change it and try them out :)

Yes they are over the ear and feel really nice says my friend. 

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

33 minutes ago, JMJenkins said:

So my time has finally come, to remove myself from these low fps shackles and ascend to god hood for the smooth frames that everyone else has been obtaining with their shiny new rigs and 165Hz monitors with G-Sync at 1440p, NO MORE I SAY, I'm done with 20-50 FPS (dependant on the game) at 1080p with my lowly ATI HD 5770 1GB, my time is now!

Now that we've passed the dramatic intro, I've finally come to the point in my life where I can afford my new rig and step into the light. Plain and simple, here is the PC build, also, I will be in Virginia, USA at the time of purchase just a few weeks away.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($369.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.98 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($217.99 @ NCIX US) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($217.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Black  6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($299.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB HYBRID Video Card  ($689.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.46 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($56.88 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full - USB (32/64-bit)  ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Acer XB271HU bmiprz 165Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($769.99 @ B&H) 
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($74.95 @ Adorama) 
Headphones: Audio-Technica M50x Headphones  ($120.08 @ Amazon) 
Other: Goliath Extended CONTROL Mouse Pad ($33.99)
Other: ATH-2020 USB Microphone ($139.95)
Other: Dragonpad pop filter (for Microphone) ($10.00)
Other: Microphone Arm Holder (Desk Clamp) ($13.50)
Total: $3697.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

To give an idea of my madness, I wanted to go into streaming for a long time now, but multiple things holding me back, the first one obviously being my PC which is now being resolved, let's leave it at that. Also, do not think I went and added whatever had the highest reviews blindly, I've watched over 10 hours of reviews and benchmarks from Jayz/Linus/HardwareCanucks/Joker Productions, over several months for most of the pieces of hardware I wanted to get, now that it is time to actually go to America and buy it, this is what I've chosen, I mainly need advice on what I am or am not doing correctly.

So to start things off, I wanted a quiet PC but with fans on, the only idea I had was to do some water cooling but I don't trust myself with to make a DIY Full Loop Liquid cooling system so what's the next best thing? AIO Coolers, Linus had sponsored the CM Nepton 240M for so long that I want to go with it as it looks nice and from his review, it's pretty good. In Lukes latest workshop video I saw the CM MasterRace 5 Pro with the radiator and Noctua fans with a pull method on top of the rad for easier dust removal, I wanted to copy that exactly as dust is the bane of my existence when I have to clean it out but please help me here, I have no idea which Noctua fans I should go for, they need to be 2x 120mm for a pull configuration on top of the radiator. 

Speaking of the CM MasterRace 5 Pro case, I wanted to use 3 Noctua fans in the front but at the same time, I don't want to see those horrible colors in the front, and I'm too lazy to paint them myself #CouchPotato. So I need some ideas on some quiet but efficient 3x 140mm fans that would be nice for the front of the case.

Now back to the quiet PC idea, I didn't want a loud GPU, my current GPU can get really loud and sits on 86c while playing nearly any game that is from 2014 onwards, so after many benchmarks and reviews, I found that the EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid was most likely the best for me, with it's low heat around 35c to 50c even at full load and overclocked allowing it to remain silent.

For the motherboard, it looks nice, it's a motherboard, what more could I ask for? (That BIOS menu though)

RAM has been shown time and time again that it doesn't affect gaming almost at all, and if it does, it's by a frame or two, so instead of going with what I call the minimal 16GB, I wanted to future proof a bit and go 32GB with the option of upgrading to 64GB if need be, huzzah!

Storage is a bit tough, I say to myself I don't need much storage but then I looked at my storage right now, it's bad, I've been using a 128GB SSD but I like to have some newer games on it, and with games getting larger per month, I'd rather just have the 512GB ready, as for backing up and storage for many various things, I'd just going to go for WD Black 6TB HD, it's large and in charge, I dislike have multiple storage devices, I really do.... don't make fun of me, 'kay?

PSU, this is a silly one but I believe it's silly to go lower, the PSU is just really good and it's only $80 more expensive than the 750 watt PSU, so I thought, what the heck, future proofed, no need to say more.

Oooooooohhhhh, the pièce de résistance (say it with a French accent or I'll hit you with a baguette o.o), the monitor, oh how I've been waiting and waiting to get one of these babies while I sit here with my 23" IPS 1080p panel (bad design too ;-;) The XB271HU, with it's smooth 165HZ (overclocked) IPS and G-Sync, there is nothing more to say, this monitor is what I want and I shall HAVE IT! 

TL;DR

Go back up and read the wall of text, pleb.

Do you think you could hold out more for a pc because pascal and polaris are coming out soon I here (polaris coming before september), why not just wait then then buy the pc or even wait for a gpu. 

Just now, FuriousGamer said:

Do you think you could hold out more for a pc because pascal and polaris are coming out soon I here (polaris coming before september), why not just wait then then buy the pc or even wait for a gpu. 

That was my exact thinking, don't worry, but I don't have all the time of the world to wait and fly to America, I'm visiting around April 10th and then once more in July 29th, so I can sell the GPU and buy a new one but I only plan to if the performance is much greater, and I'd also prefer if there was a AIO cooler version for low temps and quieter. Also, it doesn't seem anyone has an issue with my build, is there nothing wrong with it?

1 minute ago, JMJenkins said:

That was my exact thinking, don't worry, but I don't have all the time of the world to wait and fly to America, I'm visiting around April 10th and then once more in July 29th, so I can sell the GPU and buy a new one but I only plan to if the performance is much greater, and I'd also prefer if there was a AIO cooler version for low temps and quieter. Also, it doesn't seem anyone has an issue with my build, is there nothing wrong with it?

No your build will work just fine. You did go overkill for just streaming and gaming but thats your call. 

2 minutes ago, FuriousGamer said:

No your build will work just fine. You did go overkill for just streaming and gaming but thats your call. 

Haha, this is true. See, long story, I've always had a low-mid tier PC, never being able to play games at their maximum settings while my friends brag and basically shove their maximum settings into my face, ever since I was a kid. I'm now turning 21 on July 21st, and I've saved enough to finally buy the PC that I want, meaning not low or mid tier, I wanted high-end that can be upgraded when the new stuff comes out, I want to be geared for VR and whatever else comes out instead of playing the same games over and over since my current PC cannot handle anything better. 

So now that I've got help for a few things, the things I need major help for would be what fans to choose for the Nepton 240mm to replace the ones the come with, unless they are good enough to keep, and what fans should I put in the front, I believe it supports 3x 120mm/140mm fans. Also, would I need any extra hardware to run 3 fans?

38 minutes ago, JMJenkins said:

So now that I've got help for a few things, the things I need major help for would be what fans to choose for the Nepton 240mm to replace the ones the come with, unless they are good enough to keep, and what fans should I put in the front, I believe it supports 3x 120mm/140mm fans. Also, would I need any extra hardware to run 3 fans?

The Fractal Design Venturi Series are pretty good fans. http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/casefans/venturi-series