Cheapest USB microphone thats halfway decent

Jordaneer

I'm looking for an extremely cheap USB microphone, it doesn't have to sound good or even have good balanced curves or anything, I'm more just needing to use it as a mic for recording rudimentary audio (all speaking) for website testing, I really only need it to be able to be understood well in recorded audio, but fidelity honestly doesn't matter as long as it doesn't sound hideous.

EDIT: I only want USB, not a 3.5 mm jack microphone or anything, purely USB based.

It's not anything amazing, though it should work fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Mic-Direct-Microphone-Cancellation/dp/B00I9RK97A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458787694&sr=8-3&keywords=samson+go+mic

Maybe grab a USB extension cable for it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

2 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

It's not anything amazing, though it should work fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Mic-Direct-Microphone-Cancellation/dp/B00I9RK97A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458787694&sr=8-3&keywords=samson+go+mic

Maybe grab a USB extension cable for it.

Hey, thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for! not too big either which is nice

1 minute ago, papapoi said:

buy a rock band microphone, its about $6 or less used, i needed an emergency mic for skype and it worked pretty good

thinking of it, I have an old guitar hero game (the one with the drums and guitar and a microphone) so maybe I'll go dig that usb mic out of the closet.

Just now, Jordaneer said:

thinking of it, I have an old guitar hero game (the one with the drums and guitar and a microphone) so maybe I'll go dig that usb mic out of the closet.

its the same as the rock band.

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

I use a Blue Snowball, which was about $50 and frankly super good quality. If it's absolutely the best choice if your price range goes that high.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Just now, Spork829 said:

I use a Blue Snowball, which was about $50 and frankly super good quality. If it's absolutely the best choice if your price range goes that high.

the budget itself isnt an issue as much not wanting to spend that much, frankly for what im doing, you basically need to be able to understand what im saying and not much more, if i ever plan to get into video production (I'm currently eyeing the DJI osmo once I've saved up a bit more money). I would be willing to spend more money on a decent mic, but thats a ways off (plus the osmo only supports 3.5 mm inputs, so I would need something like this http://www.amazon.com/VideoMicro--Camera-Hypercardioid-Microphone-Handheld/dp/B01CCCN9JW/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1458788829&sr=8-1&keywords=rode+dji+osmo then I'd just merely spend 10 bucks on a USB to 3.5 mm converter (my headphone jack on my laptop died).

What's wrong with audio jack mics ???

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

On 3/24/2016 at 3:46 AM, Thony said:

What's wrong with audio jack mics ???

Like I said when I replied to the previous poster, the audio jack on my laptop died.