"Windows Phone Store Now Processing 9 Million Daily Transactions"

TopWargamer

http://www.maximumpc.com/windows_phone_store_now_processing_9_million_daily_transactions2013

Let's be frank, Microsoft's Windows Phone platform isn't anywhere close to threatening Android in the mobile space, nor is it hot on the heels of iOS. Microsoft knows this, though the Redmond company is finding reasons to be optimistic, especially when viewing the mobile race as a marathon and not a sprint. One of those reasons is that the Windows Phone Store has surpassed 9 million transactions per day.

Microsoft borrowed that figure from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech and plopped it into a Windows Phone Developer blog post outlining increased advertising opportunities, improved payouts, and dev center updates.

"Kantar reports that Windows Phone now accounts for 1 in 10 smartphone sales in Britain, France, Germany, and Mexico. Kantar also reports that Windows Phone is attracting a large percentage of first-time buyers with 42 percent of sales over the past year coming from feature phone owners," Microsoft states in its blog.

A 10 percent share in certain territories is nothing to scoff at, and Microsoft has to be encouraged that its marketing efforts are winning over first-time smartphone buyers. What Microsoft does with that information will be up to its next Chief Executive Officer to figure out.

Not too bad Windows Phone, not too bad. 

COMIC SANS

I think I will consider windows phone at this point when getting a new phone since i've heard the OS is pretty good by now.

I love my Windows Phone, got the Legacy Lumia 900 :P But this is good to hear, especially for me.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

I used a Windows Phone Once.... I Hated It!!!

Grumpy-Cat.jpg

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

I love my WP8 really good OS. My only complaints are no file browser and smallish sized app market. Otherwise I love my HTC 8x! Really glad to see that they're starting to catch on.

Back from the dead....