Cooler recommendations for i7-5820k

Hello,

I am currently using a Kraken x31 cooler and I am looking at replacing it fairly soon here. I have noticed a jump in CPU temperatures recently. My system used to idle at 34°C and 55°C under max load. As of recent my system has been idling at 48°C and 68°C to 70°C under load. My case is the Cooler Master HAF XB and is compatible with 240mm AIO coolers. The CPU is stock clock speed, but I am looking to overclock after receiving a better cooler. Any recommendations that you guys can make is greatly appreciated. Another thing I'd like to ask is this, is there a way to test an AIO to verify the pump is running correctly? I'd assume I'd be able to feel the vibration of the pump, yet I don't want to assume. I've dealt with a fair share of DOAs with my previous systems.

Just now, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Kraken X61

If I recall, The Kraken X61 is a 280mm AIO, I doubt I'd have much luck fitting it in the case without doing quite a bit of modding.

6 minutes ago, Takash said:

If I recall, The Kraken X61 is a 280mm AIO, I doubt I'd have much luck fitting it in the case without doing quite a bit of modding.

Sorry i forgot about that, then i would go for the H100i GTX. I would change the fans since the stock ones are noisy

Corsair h105 then maybe? 240mm, but i have no experience with unlike with the x61 which I'm using

Just now, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Sorry i forgot about that, then i would go for the H100i GTX. I would change the fans since the stock ones are noisy

I was just looking into that cooler, I noticed that was an often complaint with most of the Corsair 240mm radiators. If I had the chance to get the X61 I'd go with it, yet I'd have to find a replacement case that could fit it. Any others you would recommend for me to look into?

I would go with a 240mm rad AIO. I use a H100i and it works great, 20-25 C at idle, 60-70C at load (even when doing intense overclocking).

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

I would go with a 240mm rad AIO. I use a H100i and it works great, 20-25 C at idle, 60-70C at load (even when doing intense overclocking).

Are you using the stock fans for the H100i?  I was looking at picking up two Noctua NF-S12A fans to replace the stock ones. Its good to know it can handle intense overclocking, I was looking at pushing up to 4.2 to 4.4ghz.

2 minutes ago, Takash said:

Are you using the stock fans for the H100i?  I was looking at picking up two Noctua NF-S12A fans to replace the stock ones. Its good to know it can handle intense overclocking, I was looking at pushing up to 4.2 to 4.4ghz.

I am running stock fans. At normal use and load they are completely quiet, although if I do a stress test at 4.6ghz+ at 1.35V and the temps get to that 60-70C point the fans definitely become audible, but with a headset its not a concern, and this CPU never reaches 100% unless your stress testing or doing something like rendering where it will be at 100% for extended periods of time.

When budget allows I do plan on upgrading to noctua's with a push-pull setup.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

I am running stock fans. At normal use and load they are completely quiet, although if I do a stress test at 4.6ghz+ at 1.35V and the temps get to that 60-70C point the fans definitely become audible, but with a headset its not a concern, and this CPU never reaches 100% unless your stress testing or doing something like rendering where it will be at 100% for extended periods of time.

When budget allows I do plan on upgrading to noctua's with a push-pull setup.

With the headset I currently have it shouldn't be a problem. I'll have to go pick it up later tonight and run a stress test to make sure it holds up just fine before running it with an OC. 

3 hours ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

What fans would you suggest specifically? :) I'm also in the market for a 5820k AIO

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

10 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

What fans would you suggest specifically? :) I'm also in the market for a 5820k AIO

For the fans on a H100 GTX, I would replace them with Corsair 120SP Quiet Edition.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B