UEFI BIOS Screenshots?

I'm overclocking my i7-6700K through the UEFI BIOS on my ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming motherboard. How do you screenshot the BIOS screens? I see others posting them and wondering how they are capturing them. I want to document my settings and use screens to explain what I'm trying to do when asking questions about it. 

It might have been done though a dvr that was between the pc and the monitor, and not through the bios itself.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

My guess would be a capture card on a second computer. I've never heard of a UEFI that allowed screenshots.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I don't know if this applies to every UEFI BIOS out there but yes, pressing F12 will make a screenshot on the BIOS. Just make sure to plug a USB stick beforehand as the BIOS saves the file on the USB.

1 hour ago, VaynardX said:

I don't know if this applies to every UEFI BIOS out there but yes, pressing F12 will make a screenshot on the BIOS. Just make sure to plug a USB stick beforehand as the BIOS saves the file on the USB.

Yes it worked! You have to wait a few before it's detected and then you can save with F12. They are in BMP format. Here's some examples, converted to JPG to reduce file size for uploading:

160322162929.jpg.6b1acaf5edcdf7cda9254c9

160322162314.jpg.bebc5d21d651d7721b7fdc5

160322162621.jpg.3647988e3388702990f6a0f

3 minutes ago, Steve N. Mavronis said:

Yes it worked! You have to wait a few before it's detected and then you can save with F12. They are in BMP format. Here's some examples, converted to JPG to reduce file size for uploading:

160322162929.jpg.6b1acaf5edcdf7cda9254c9

160322162314.jpg.bebc5d21d651d7721b7fdc5

160322162621.jpg.3647988e3388702990f6a0f

I am glad it worked for ya.:D Just curious, what is your current overclock? I saw you set the voltage to 1.350, so I am assuming anywhere between 4.5-4.7 GHz?

2 minutes ago, VaynardX said:

I am glad it worked for ya.:D Just curious, what is your current overclock? I saw you set the voltage to 1.350, so I am assuming anywhere between 4.5-4.7 GHz?

I think the maximum is 4.5Ghz. That's the target turbo frequency based on entering the 45 multiplier. The XMP clocked my TridentZ memory to the product specified 3200Mhz so that's cool too!

6 minutes ago, Steve N. Mavronis said:

I think the maximum is 4.5Ghz. That's the target turbo frequency based on entering the 45 multiplier. The XMP clocked my TridentZ memory to the product specified 3200Mhz so that's cool too!

If you're using Trident Z's, I suggest you increase 0.20 to the DRAM voltage. I find that my PC gets into a bootloop before successfully booting up when you set it with the default 1.350 DRAM voltage.

5 minutes ago, VaynardX said:

If you're using Trident Z's, I suggest you increase 0.20 to the DRAM voltage. I find that my PC gets into a bootloop before successfully booting up when you set it with the default 1.350 DRAM voltage.

Thanks for the info. I've restarted my PC many times since overclocking and haven't seen any problems. By bootloop you mean rebooting itself before entering Windows?

4 minutes ago, Steve N. Mavronis said:

Thanks for the info. I've restarted my PC many times since overclocking and haven't seen any problems. By bootloop you mean rebooting itself before entering Windows?

Yes. Basically, the system will cycle on a power off and power on states to ensure that the system gets stable before finally booting up to windows. By upping the voltage by another .20, I've eliminated this problem. Obviously, you want to have the timings set manually as XMP profiles won't allow you to change anything regarding the RAM. But, if 1.350 works for you (using XMP) you could use that for now.

20 minutes ago, Steve N. Mavronis said:

Thanks I'll keep your suggestion in mind if I go manual on the RAM timings.

No probs mate. Good luck in your overclocking adventures.:D