Processes: Diff. between installing W10 vs installing W8.1

Alir

What is the difference between installing the two? I mean in terms of processes. Is it exactly the same? You install it, install drivers and then perform updates. Or do you need to do something different/else?

1 minute ago, Alir said:

What is the difference between installing the two? I mean in terms of processes. Is it exactly the same? You install it, install drivers and then perform updates. Or do you need to do something different/else?

Win 8.1 low cpu usage Win 10 most of ur stuff wont work lol

CPU: i7 3770 3.40Ghz 3.90Ghz II  Motherboard: Gigabyte II Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance II GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition II Case: CM Storm Enforcer II

Storage: Intel 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB SSHD II PSU: Thermal Take 700w II

Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push.  ~Joker

1 minute ago, Ace0100 said:

Win 8.1 low cpu usage Win 10 most of ur stuff wont work lol

he is talking about clean installing

of course if you're lazy and upgrade instead of doing a clean install then stuff may not work

but windows 10 is much better than 8, so as long as he clean installs it then great

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

he is talking about clean installing

of course if you're lazy and upgrade instead of doing a clean install then stuff may not work

but windows 10 is much better than 8, so as long as he clean installs it then great

i did do a clean install and most of my games either had issues with 10 or didn't work at all and other programs had issues

CPU: i7 3770 3.40Ghz 3.90Ghz II  Motherboard: Gigabyte II Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance II GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition II Case: CM Storm Enforcer II

Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push.  ~Joker

i did do a clean install and most of my games either had issues with 10 or didn't work at all and other programs had issues

well you probably did something wrong because several million people are using windows 10 without issues :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The first few weeks we're like that upon launch tbh, but now its very nice and good

Just now, Enderman said:

well you probably did something wrong because several million people are using windows 10 without issues :)

i installed in correctly ive installed windows so many times ive lost count and other people have had issues im not the only one lol

Just now, Aytex said:

The first few weeks we're like that upon launch tbh, but now its very nice and good

eh still don't trust it

4 minutes ago, Ace0100 said:

i installed in correctly ive installed windows so many times ive lost count and other people have had issues im not the only one lol

ok cool, not that i care

just cause youve had a bad experience doesnt mean nobody else should use windows 10

yeah youre not the only one having issues, thats because millions of other people are also using it

its still a low % of everyone using it that has problems and most of those people have upgraded instead of doing a clean install

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

ok cool, not that i care

just cause youve had a bad experience doesnt mean nobody else should use windows 10

yeah youre not the only one having issues, thats because millions of other people are also using it

its still a low % of everyone using it that has problems and most of those people have upgraded instead of doing a clean install

not saying he shouldn't use it i just recommend 8.1 he can do what ever he wants

Anyways, so the conclusion is that all I need to do is install 10, install the drivers and then update everything? When would I be required to enter my 8.1 product key to validate Windows 10?

16 minutes ago, Ace0100 said:

My shit worked.

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

Just now, FuriousGamer said:

My shit worked.

eh i guess i was the unlucky few but i wont be going to 10 until i have to

Play nicely children.

No need for bad vibes here.

Unleash your anger at the Tories. I just want my question affirmatively answered.

eh i guess i was the unlucky few but i wont be going to 10 until i have to

Try Linux Mint.

It truly is a beauty.

I applied an XP theme, so now it feels like I have XP again, plus the fact that I'm really using Linux.

This distro is beautiful.

Just now, Alir said:

Play nicely children.

No need for bad vibes here.

Unleash your anger at the Tories. I just want my question affirmatively answered.

Should be start menu ---> settings ---> update and security and then activation

1 minute ago, Alir said:

Try Linux Mint.

It truly is a beauty.

I applied an XP theme, so now it feels like I have XP again, plus the fact that I'm really using Linux.

This distro is beautiful.

I tried Ubuntu for the first time couple days ago on a old desktop i have laying around seems really good for a free OS now its my movie/shows machine lol

39 minutes ago, Ace0100 said:

I tried Ubuntu for the first time couple days ago on a old desktop i have laying around seems really good for a free OS now its my movie/shows machine lol

Nice! Though I would suggest trying out Linux Mint if you're not satisfied.

It practically speaking 'just works' out of the box.

Plus, it looks like Windows - as in Ubuntu has the bar on the side - Linux Mint has it on the bottom. But you can move it to the top.

You can also configure Mint in practically every way. Can even make it look like a Mac OS by:

1) Move taskbar to top

2) Install 'docky'

3) change themes. Start > "Themes" or Right click the taskbar and click "Themes"

Also, Netflix doesn't work on Linux because Netflix are meanies. But you can make Netflix work by installing Google Chrome. Chromium doesn't work, as it's not exactly like Chrome.

If you need any help on Linux feel free to ask. I'm no guru, but I know a bit

3 minutes ago, Alir said:

Nice! Though I would suggest trying out Linux Mint if you're not satisfied.

It practically speaking 'just works' out of the box.

Plus, it looks like Windows - as in Ubuntu has the bar on the side - Linux Mint has it on the bottom. But you can move it to the top.

You can also configure Mint in practically every way. Can even make it look like a Mac OS by:

1) Move taskbar to top

2) Install 'docky'

3) change themes. Start > "Themes" or Right click the taskbar and click "Themes"

Also, Netflix doesn't work on Linux because Netflix are meanies. But you can make Netflix work by installing Google Chrome. Chromium doesn't work, as it's not exactly like Chrome.

If you need any help on Linux feel free to ask. I'm no guru, but I know a bit

Would it work through air play i use netflix from my ipad