Fan Control Software

namarino

Hey guys, I'm in the process of tuning the fan in my computer and I was wondering if there is a better fan tuning software than AI suite? It's temperature readings are wildly inaccurate when the cpu heats up. Any suggestions? And I would prefer not to use speedfan...thanks so much!

MSI Afterburner? Are you fans plugged into your MOBO? If they're powered directly off the PSU through Molex or something else, you won't be able to control them without a hardware fan controller

2 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

MSI Afterburner? Are you fans plugged into your MOBO? If they're powered directly off the PSU through Molex or something else, you won't be able to control them without a hardware fan controller

Oh I didn't realize that you could use Afterburner to control the fans. How exactly do you do that???

Well... I click this title and already started typing "speedfan" then I read your post. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, Orangeator said:

Well... I click this title and already started typing "speedfan" then I read your post. 

hahaha Is that my only option???

2 minutes ago, namarino said:

Oh I didn't realize that you could use Afterburner to control the fans. How exactly do you do that???

Well, you can set it to automatic, I do know that. 

1 minute ago, namarino said:

hahaha Is that my only option???

Not the only, however it is the best in my opinion. You can look up how to properly use it on YouTube.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

14 hours ago, DaltonM said:

.... I'm shamed about your reading skills. We are talking about case fan/cpu fan control. Not GPU fans. If Afterburner can control CPU/case fans, please correct my foolishness.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

.... I'm shamed about your reading skills. We are talking about case fan/cpu fan control. Not GPU fans. If Afterburner can control CPU/case fans, please correct my foolishness.

He never said CPU or GPU fan. 

24 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

He never said CPU or GPU fan. 

Well, OP suggest talk about CPU/Chassis fans because controlling with AI Suite or Speedfan. And you also are asking how fans are connected while suggesting Afterburner. Which to my knowledge doesn't support controlling CPU/Chassis fans. Yet.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv