Radeon Crimson App gone from RMB menu on desktop and from system tray after failed update

Snak3Doc

Hi

A few weeks ago i got a pop up from radeon crimson asking to update to the new drivers a accepted and it failed around 80% through i just clicked ok and continued what i was doing (cause lazy at the time) and when i went to try it again today their was no option to open crimson from the desktop or system tray. parts of it are still in the C:\AMD\Radeon-Crimson-15.11-With-DOTNet45-Win7-64Bit follder but the only .exe's are setup and app manager.

anyone else encounter this problem or can tell me how i should go about fixing it.

Have you tried reinstalling it with elevated permissions? This might just be one time weirdness...

Thing is i noticed theirs still a bunch of other folders from catalyst control center and heaps of random files and from old drivers versions ect not sure if that caused something to happen. are my drivers even working with out the control centre thing working. Is their a way to clean up all the old catalyst control centre stuff including old drivers and ect safely.

Edited by Snak3Doc

If you try running the installer again it might give you installation options if it detects an install... Your drivers are working if your computer is functional, and programs will many times leave lots of files behind. With a quick search it looks like there aren't many good ways to remove the software though, and removing it by hand might cause issues because you are dealing with drivers ( although I am not sure about the last one ).

Edited by Pietroglyph