Starcraft 2

Cataclyst

Is it worth buying? xD. I've always been slow at RTS games with building of structures and units etc xD. I saw how pros use their keyboard and i was like O_O. But my friend says its nice and he plays Rank Starcraft 2 Games, i was wondering if its worth buying :). All opinions are welcomed! :). Thanks! :)

Edit: So i started playing Starcraft 2..Is it really laggy when you play Multiplayer? Cuz when im playing campaign,it is really smooth.

My PC specs are:

i5-3470

MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming

MSI GTX 660 Ti PE

2x4GB Corsair Vengeance

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

Maybe with a friend, personally I was into it for a couple of months when it first came out but it was a tad bit too competitive for my taste, of course I was pretty bad at it and so on and I hated 1v1's so I usually played 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4's haha. I would look into Supreme Commander Forged Alliance, it's a bit slower but seriously good.

Depends, which version are you looking to buy? Heart of the Swarm is considered better by just about everyone so if you can get it on sale then I would give it a try.  ;)

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

Maybe with a friend, personally I was into it for a couple of months when it first came out but it was a tad bit too competitive for my taste, of course I was pretty bad at it and so on and I hated 1v1's so I usually played 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4's haha. I would look into Supreme Commander Forged Alliance, it's a bit slower but seriously good.

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance? Whats that? xD

Depends, which version are you looking to buy? Heart of the Swarm is considered better by just about everyone so if you can get it on sale then I would give it a try.  ;)

I was hoping to buy both WoL and HotW :). No sale here though :(

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance? Whats that? xD

One of the best RTS games of all time:p Just look on youtube for big ass wars.

There's a free version available on battle.net I think they call it the ''starter edition'' SC2 is fun.

If you want a slower more laid back rts game I say look into the TotalWar franchise (shogun 2 is exceptionally good)

One of the best RTS games of all time:p Just look on youtube for big ass wars.

Ow,alright,ill go take a look :). Thanks! :)

There's a free version available on battle.net I think they call it the ''starter edition'' SC2 is fun.

If you want a slower more laid back rts game I say look into the TotalWar franchise (shogun 2 is exceptionally good)

Yeah,im DLing the "Starter Edition" right now :). Question though, is the "Starter Edition" client same as the Standard Edition one? Or do I need to DL the Standard Edition one when I buy it?

Spoiler

| CPU:

Ow,alright,ill go take a look :). Thanks! :)

Yeah,im DLing the "Starter Edition" right now :). Question though, is the "Starter Edition" client same as the Standard Edition one? Or do I need to DL the Standard Edition one when I buy it?

It is yes, the ''Starter Edition'' limits your account, but downloads the full game so once you buy it there's no need to re DL : D

Also limits you to one race, the Terran, I am a brotoss myself and if you play T I automatically hate you. That's just the way it is, nothing personal.

It is yes, the ''Starter Edition'' limits your account, but downloads the full game so once you buy it there's no need to re DL : D

Also limits you to one race, the Terran, I am a brotoss myself and if you play T I automatically hate you. That's just the way it is, nothing personal.

Ow? xD. I really don't understand xD. HAHAHa but sure xD. HAHAHA,btw,I was planning to buy the retail one with the CD? Whats the benefit of having the Retail one aside from the CD and Game key? :)

Spoiler

| CPU:

Ow? xD. I really don't understand xD. HAHAHa but sure xD. HAHAHA,btw,I was planning to buy the retail one with the CD? Whats the benefit of having the Retail one aside from the CD and Game key? :)

Umm... it comes with some cool art? And a CD? :>

For real though, no real benefit aside from getting it cheaper than the digital version, don't buy it from battle.net DO NOT buy it from elsewhere, you'll find it almost always cheaper.

Umm... it comes with some cool art? And a CD? :>

For real though, no real benefit aside from getting it cheaper than the digital version, don't buy it from battle.net DO NOT buy it from elsewhere, you'll find it almost always cheaper.

Si i should buy the Retail one?

Spoiler

| CPU:

Yes.

Alright :). Thanks! Even the HotS?

Spoiler

| CPU:

Alright :). Thanks! Even the HotS?

HotS is newer, it is unlikely that you will find it cheaper than the digital version, I say look for it anyway it might be cheaper at your region.

Yes HotS is an expansion pack and it REQUIRES Wings of Liberty. just in case you were wondering. Also if you own WoL (I'm not sure if you have to own it, i do, so I'm telling you what i know ;p) you can switch to it in the game, from the options and play it as a ''Starter Edition'' all restrictions apply to that as well.

HotS is newer, it is unlikely that you will find it cheaper than the digital version, I say look for it anyway it might be cheaper at your region.

Yes HotS is an expansion pack and it REQUIRES Wings of Liberty. just in case you were wondering. Also if you own WoL (I'm not sure if you have to own it, i do, so I'm telling you what i know ;p) you can switch to it in the game, from the options and play it as a ''Starter Edition'' all restrictions apply to that as well.

Ow! Thanks alot! :). But i like buying retail games,mainly because i like its box and content xD. HAHAHAHA xD. What do I get from the HotS Retail Box? :))

Spoiler

| CPU:

Buy it. If you're not into the competitive aspect of the game, there are always custom games and mods for you to check out.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Ow! Thanks alot! :). But i like buying retail games,mainly because i like its box and content xD. HAHAHAHA xD. What do I get from the HotS Retail Box? :))

I too like buying physical copies : D and I have no idea, I don't have HotS : /

I too like buying physical copies : D and I have no idea, I don't have HotS : /

Oh alright :). Thanks! I think ill go buy it :).

Buy it. If you're not into the competitive aspect of the game, there are always custom games and mods for you to check out.

Ow :). Oki! I think i will buy it :)

Spoiler

| CPU:

So i started playing Starcraft 2..Is it really laggy when you play Multiplayer? Cuz when im playing campaign,it is really smooth.

Spoiler

| CPU:

Bump! Multiplayer and Matchmaking to be precise :). But Campaign's doesn't lag me :/. Weird :(. Help please :)

Spoiler

| CPU:

What is the difference in fps when you go from campaign to multiplayer? Also if you ctrl+alt+F while in game you can see FPS, gpu temp, etc. 

Posting PC specs may also help in this troubleshooting. 

Both is at 60 FPS and 46 GPU Temp. My PC specs is:

i5-3470

MSI Z77GA-G45 Gaming

MSI GTX 660Ti PE

2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz CL9

Spoiler

| CPU:

Starcraft 2 had the potential of being an excelent RTS game.

But the  controls make it so that strategy is limited by your multitask ability ( where talking 15 logical commands a second ) that includes aiming.

so instead of working on their strategys 99.999% of players are stuck optimising to the second and being masochist with their hands.

they dont want to fix that. obvious tools are theyr to help diminish the problem, they dont implement them.

so its a ultitask game more then a strategy game. who likes masochist tpying? nearly no one.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Edited my first post to not cause confusion xD

Spoiler

| CPU:

Starcraft 2 had the potential of being an excelent RTS game.

But the  controls make it so that strategy is limited by your multitask ability ( where talking 15 logical commands a second ) that includes aiming.

so instead of working on their strategys 99.999% of players are stuck optimising to the second and being masochist with their hands.

they dont want to fix that. obvious tools are theyr to help diminish the problem, they dont implement them.

so its a ultitask game more then a strategy game. who likes masochist tpying? nearly no one.

I disagree 100%. I play the game at a little over a 100 apm and I am able to beat masters players that have 200+ apm all the time. Yes, it is a very fast game but saying that there is no strategy and it is only about how fast you are shows that you do not even know the game at all... 99% of players are not optimizing they are learning how to move there fingers at more then 2 actions per second while trying to keep up with the strategy.