e-sports mice

Geospan1

I was wondering if there are restrictions for mice in e-sports tournaments.I read this post and I want to have it clear in my head (that means stupid questions incoming!).

As a pro player in a tournament:

1)Is it possible to use your own mouse?

2)Can you have a mouse that has extra buttons?

3)Can you assign macros?

4)What about a DPI switch?

I would think all of that is allowed besides assigning macros.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

I don't think there are any restrictions on what mice you can use. Just don't install an aim bot. 

I used a Naga for an eSports tournament and was fine. You should be, unless they changed it. Just no Macros, unfortunately 

CEO of DevTech Studios. OS X fanboy, Windows User. Bob Marley. 

Just now, Geospan1 said:

3)Can you assign macros?

Depends on the Game, Tournament and what kind of macro, generally recoil/cursor macros and automatic/timed keypresses are forbidden, and in certain cases like CS:GO for example buyscripts are allowed.

Here is an example from  BF4 ESL One:

1.3.2. Scripts and Macro Use

All scripts, macros and changes to the game's configuration are not allowed, unless they are specific allowed by this rules. Programs and macros that provide an advantage during game play (e.g. drivers that allow the removing of walls, single shot macros, etc.) are forbidden. Any programs that change the game itself are forbidden. The following results are listed to clarify some of the not allowed macros/scripts:

• no recoil or recoil control macro/script/configuration modification
  • single shot macro/script
  • aimassist/aimbot through config modifications/programs/macros/scripts
  • auto reload script/macro
  • auto revive script/macro
  • auto spotting script/macro

6 minutes ago, woll3 said:

Depends on the Game, Tournament and what kind of macro, generally recoil/cursor macros and automatic/timed keypresses are forbidden, and in certain cases like CS:GO for example buyscripts are allowed.

Here is an example from  BF4 ESL One:

1.3.2. Scripts and Macro Use

All scripts, macros and changes to the game's configuration are not allowed, unless they are specific allowed by this rules. Programs and macros that provide an advantage during game play (e.g. drivers that allow the removing of walls, single shot macros, etc.) are forbidden. Any programs that change the game itself are forbidden. The following results are listed to clarify some of the not allowed macros/scripts:

• no recoil or recoil control macro/script/configuration modification
  • single shot macro/script
  • aimassist/aimbot through config modifications/programs/macros/scripts
  • auto reload script/macro
  • auto revive script/macro
  • auto spotting script/macro

Wow,I didn't know all these were in the "macro category".When I said macro I was talking about throwing a granade and switching back to your gun or something.Thanks!