Wanting to put Old cases to use!

Ace0100

Hi all,

Ive got 2 old computer cases and one 2 yr old motherboard which is a 1155 socket (not sure still works lol used to use it for my i7 3770) anyway

anyone know any cheap parts to put in them to get them into working order $Au pricing

I want to sell them once there working or do other things with them.

CPU: i7 3770 3.40Ghz 3.90Ghz II  Motherboard: Gigabyte II Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance II GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition II Case: CM Storm Enforcer II

Storage: Intel 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB SSHD II PSU: Thermal Take 700w II

Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push.  ~Joker

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

There's always using a case as a bludgeoning tool.

Outside of that, what budget?

$600 each max its hard with the Au dollars so dam crap

CPU: i7 3770 3.40Ghz 3.90Ghz II  Motherboard: Gigabyte II Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance II GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition II Case: CM Storm Enforcer II

Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push.  ~Joker

Just now, Ace0100 said:

You could probably get a Pentium G2120, some RAM, a decent PSU, and a decent cooler for $250AUD.

Do you still have that i7-3770?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

You could probably get a Pentium G2120, some RAM, a decent PSU, and a decent cooler for $250AUD.

Do you still have that i7-3770?

I do have the i7 3770 but that's in my main machine

1 minute ago, Ace0100 said:

I know the feeling. The Canadian $ is about the same as the AUD right now.

Anyways on topic I would use on of those systems as a basic NAS if you don't have one already. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

1 minute ago, trag1c said:

I know the feeling. The Canadian $ is about the same as the AUD right now.

Anyways on topic I would use on of those systems as a basic NAS if you don't have one already. 

Currently don't need a NAS my family really don't have alot of files worth backing up and as for me i don't either i keep some files on my 2TB HDD that i have in the machine and 90% of the computer has games on it lol. i keep work stuff at work