Dedicated streaming pc build

ceriouz

Hello. I'm currently looking into making a dedicated machine for streaming and a bit of video rendering. However, i'm not completely sure what parts I should go with and I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction.
The pc is mainly gonna be used in a 2 pc stream setup and some editing once in a while, not to often.
Beside that I have been looking at the Avermedia Live Gamer HD capture card, after what I could read it should be one of the best for that kind of work. I don't need a card that is capable of doing 60fps streaming right now, but down the line I might upgrade what would a good capture card be in that case?

I don't have a specific budget in mind, It doesnt have to be overkill it should just be able to get the job done and with a bit of headroom. I'm also ready to look into used parts if that is more cost efficient.

Any help with this build is appreciated.

Regarding capture cards, I absolutely loved my Blackmagic Intensity Pro (great drivers, well supported with most programs esp. Adobe). Definitely worth checking out. Looks like they have a 4K version now, which means you can get the older one for <100$.

In regards to the capture card, if you're already looking into the future? Why not go for the elgato hd60 or pro version? Not familiar with avermedia, but I would imagine the price point isnt too far off from each other.

14 minutes ago, ceriouz said:

Hello. I'm currently looking into making a dedicated machine for streaming and a bit of video rendering. However, i'm not completely sure what parts I should go with and I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction.
The pc is mainly gonna be used in a 2 pc stream setup and some editing once in a while, not to often.
Beside that I have been looking at the Avermedia Live Gamer HD capture card, after what I could read it should be one of the best for that kind of work. I don't need a card that is capable of doing 60fps streaming right now, but down the line I might upgrade what would a good capture card be in that case?

I don't have a specific budget in mind, It doesnt have to be overkill it should just be able to get the job done and with a bit of headroom. I'm also ready to look into used parts if that is more cost efficient.

Any help with this build is appreciated.

since you're streaming and editing/rendering

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($369.95 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 37.8 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($138.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($88.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($309.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Fractal Design Node 804 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($106.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1278.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-20 14:50 EDT-0400

or you could go for the 4790k instead

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

you know you can stream perfectly fine with just ONE pc, right?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

it all depends on how good that gaming pc is vs the streaming one also when you have all those apps up when you are streaming plus the game it can cause problems

7 minutes ago, Agent181 said:

it all depends on how good that gaming pc is vs the streaming one also when you have all those apps up when you are streaming plus the game it can cause problems

no it doesnt cause problems

and you will get better stream and game quality by spending money to upgrade your PC to a better one instead of building a second PC completely from scratch

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

and you will get better stream and game quality by pensing money to upgrade your PC to a better one instead of building a second PC completely from scratch

There's been i7 4790k's with 980ti's that have problems on twitch streams... how do you upgrade from that?

Just now, Agent181 said:

There's been i7 4790k's with 980ti's that have problems on twitch streams... how do you upgrade from that?

1) if someone has problems with a 4790k and 980ti then its a software configuration issue, not a "not powerful enough hardware" issue

2) x99 is a great upgrade from z97 since streaming and gaming can use more than 8 threads

so a 5820k or 5960x would be an improvement

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

and you will get better stream and game quality by spending money to upgrade your PC to a better one instead of building a second PC completely from scratch

You're speaking about Shadowplay, right? I've never used it but it sounds much better than messing around with a second PC for sure. OP could always have a second monitor for the stream controls/ chat.

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

1) if someone has problems with a 4790k and 980ti then its a software configuration issue, not a "not powerful enough hardware" issue

2) x99 is a great upgrade from z97 since streaming and gaming can use more than 8 threads

so a 5820k or 5960x would be an improvement

At that point you start a second build since you can have more control.  I know this because for a while I streamed and this is the new option that many streamers are going with.  

On 20/3/2016 at 7:52 PM, Enderman said:

Yeah, most games I can stream just fine with my current pc. But when I go into games where I try and be some what competitive I end up with some weird input lag that I go no clue how to fix except for doing a 2pc stream setup. One example could be CS GO where I can feel some input lag when moving around the mouse.

On 20/3/2016 at 7:51 PM, SeanAngelo said:

since you're streaming and editing/rendering

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($369.95 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 37.8 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($138.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($88.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($309.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Fractal Design Node 804 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($106.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1278.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-20 14:50 EDT-0400

or you could go for the 4790k instead

Thank you, I will keep this build in mind, even tho I am gonna get it without a video card since I dont need that.

On 20/3/2016 at 7:46 PM, psychocat said:

Regarding capture cards, I absolutely loved my Blackmagic Intensity Pro (great drivers, well supported with most programs esp. Adobe). Definitely worth checking out. Looks like they have a 4K version now, which means you can get the older one for <100$.

Thank you for the recommendation, its something I will look into.

On 20/3/2016 at 7:48 PM, Stillare said:

In regards to the capture card, if you're already looking into the future? Why not go for the elgato hd60 or pro version? Not familiar with avermedia, but I would imagine the price point isnt too far off from each other.

I was thinking about a Elgato capture card, but I was told there was some delays that would mess up the sounds, but it seems like the pro version would fix that since its not running over usb. The price isnt to far off so I might actually choose the pro version simply because it can do 60fps, thank you very much.