Building my first pc (kind of)

who660
10 minutes ago, brob said:

There are LGA1151 motherboards that take ddr3. See

It says that on pc part picker and their website but not on newegg... is that information on newegg outdated or incorrect?  Also it says that "(All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)" which means that they will work with my graphics card that requires a 3.0 slot right? On a side note i already have a micro atx board and it wasn't compatible with my tower due to the 2 pin connectors for my fans, power reset button, etc not being on my motherboard... so would a newer micro atx board work?

1 hour ago, Wastelander40 said:

It says that on pc part picker and their website but not on newegg... is that information on newegg outdated or incorrect?  Also it says that "(All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)" which means that they will work with my graphics card that requires a 3.0 slot right? On a side note i already have a micro atx board and it wasn't compatible with my tower due to the 2 pin connectors for my fans, power reset button, etc not being on my motherboard... so would a newer micro atx board work?

It depends how you ask Newegg, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007627 600567584 600567554 600036414 600036416.

GPU that support PCIe 3.0 will also run in older PCIe 2.0 and 1.0 slots.

What model motherboard and case?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

3 hours ago, brob said:

What model motherboard and case?

The motherboard I plan on replacing was the generic XR1GT (such a nice name for a motherboard) and the case itself was from the inspiron 660 as well. On a side note what standoffs does an atx motherboard take?

Edited by Wastelander40
Forgot to ask.

11 minutes ago, Wastelander40 said:

The motherboard I plan on replacing was the generic XR1GT (such a nice name for a motherboard) and the case itself was from the inspiron 660 as well. On a side note what standoffs does an atx motherboard take?

Motherboard standoff lengths depend on the case. Generally a case comes with appropriate standoffs. But they can be purchased from merchants like Newegg and NCIX.

6 minutes ago, brob said:

Generally a case comes with appropriate standoffs

I just looked and found a whole package of them labeled... Sometimes I just need to look LOL

So I'm still not sure where the ports for the power button, LED's and reset button go... I've provided two pictures of where I think they'll go but I'm not entirely sure. Would It be possible that that little area in the bottom right would be where they belong?

Unsure 2.png

Unsure.png

Yes. Note the "F Panel" (front panel) to the left of the color coded block. Check the motherboard manual, I believe top of page 17 of the English version. Top left (green?) pins for power led, next two (red) power switch, case speaker are right most top 4 pins (orange), bottom left blue are hdd activity led, next two (green) are reset switch.

Front panel audio connector is in the bottom left corner, just to the left of the header labeled COM.

37 minutes ago, brob said:

Yes. Note the "F Panel" (front panel) to the left of the color coded block. Check the motherboard manual, I believe top of page 17 of the English version. Top left (green?) pins for power led, next two (red) power switch, case speaker are right most top 4 pins (orange), bottom left blue are hdd activity led, next two (green) are reset switch.

Front panel audio connector is in the bottom left corner, just to the left of the header labeled COM.

Bruh you're like the Jesus of computer information right now, thanks for pointing a lot of things out :D:D:D