HELP HELP HELP

Satoushi
Go to solution Solved by BurblingBarbacoa,

Hey. That's a decent platform for some upgrades. Here are my reccomended changes for the build: 

• first thing is to replace that graphics card. Maybe look at an r7 370 or a gtx950. That card that you have is not going to be doing much. 
  • The cpu is not ideal but is abosolutley fine for some gaming and standard home use. All good there. Same for the motherboard 
  • maybe grab an extra 4gb of ram. 8gb is a minimum for gaming and general use 
  • That power supply. I'm not 100% but it looks pretty sketch. I would grab a good cheap supply. The other components are worth nothing if the power supply blows up and kills them. Look at the corsair CX500. After the GPU upgrade this. 
  • HDD is fine. Maybe look at a small SSD for the so and a few programs and games. Only if you really care about launch and boot times. The HDD is fine though. 
  • Case and cooling? 

This should run those games fine at mid to high settings at 1080p 60htz. 

Hope I helped :)

tell me what Yu think and good luck :P 

Hi guys Satoushi here from the philippines this is my 2nd post, at first i was looking for refurbished parts to build a low mid gaming rig for my kid and eventually ended up with the FF:

i3 2120 3.3 ghz sandy bridge

Foxconn h61MXE

4gb ddr3 ram

Gtx 560se 1gb 192 bit ddr5

Great Wall 500watt PSU with dual 6 pin +2 pin 4pin(x2)

500gb WD blue

just wondering since i want to upgrade some of the components where should i start? 

being in the Philppines resources are limited when it comes w/ the parts and taxes are so high my plans are to play mainstream games 

like BF4, tomb raider, MWF black ops 3, Defense of the ancients 2 and many more around 1280x720p low to mid or mid to high

I tested this rig for quite sometime with my kid and ended up playing most of the games in normal- mid settings

namely GTA V, Fall out 4 and crysis 2 and its playable

so i need your suggestions should I upgrade the PSU first?, or the ram and get an ssd for faster reading speeds or what not

thanks guys hopefully i could get some feed backs from you. more power and I enjoyed watching LINUS on youtube.

TIA  

1 minute ago, Satoushi said:

Hi guys Satoushi here from the philippines this is my 2nd post, at first i was looking for refurbished parts to build a low mid gaming rig for my kid and eventually ended up with the FF:

i3 2120 3.3 ghz sandy bridge

Foxconn h61MXE

4gb ddr3 ram

Gtx 560se 1gb 192 bit ddr5

Great Wall 500watt PSU with dual 6 pin +2 pin 4pin(x2)

500gb WD blue

just wondering since i want to upgrade some of the components where should i start? 

being in the Philppines resources are limited when it comes w/ the parts and taxes are so high my plans are to play mainstream games 

like BF4, tomb raider, MWF black ops 3, Defense of the ancients 2 and many more around 1280x720p low to mid or mid to high

I tested this rig for quite sometime with my kid and ended up playing most of the games in normal- mid settings

namely GTA V, Fall out 4 and crysis 2 and its playable

so i need your suggestions should I upgrade the PSU first?, or the ram and get an ssd for faster reading speeds or what not

thanks guys hopefully i could get some feed backs from you. more power and I enjoyed watching LINUS on youtube.

TIA  

To start, you should upgrade your graphics card.

My native language is C++

For gaming, consider upgrading your RAM to at least 8 GB, your GPU to something a little more recent, also if you have any budget left, maybe CPU upgrade to something like an i5 or i7.

Great wall PSU? Hmm. Sounds sketcy, upgrade that along with the RAM first.

Tony T

I would get more ram first, 4GB is just to little, you'll need at least 8, with 16 you can't go wrong. Next I'd get a new processor, I'd get the i5-6600K, that'll be good enough! After that, a new graphics card would be nice, if you want a graphics card now, a GTX970 would be a great choice for 1080P gaming. Then I'd get an SSD, the Samsung evo 850 120gb is a good choice, install your applications and operating system on there. After that is really not so much of a big priority, although you should invest in a better PSU, a corsair CS 650 should be adequate.

Ok my fellow men Ill check the following, i might check the psu first since i have this for more than 2 years now and then ill go with the ram and the gpu, the processor might be the last one to check since skylake processors here at the Phil are quite expensive.

19 minutes ago, TechnoTony said:

For gaming, consider upgrading your RAM to at least 8 GB, your GPU to something a little more recent, also if you have any budget left, maybe CPU upgrade to something like an i5 or i7.

Great wall PSU? Hmm. Sounds sketcy, upgrade that along with the RAM first.

an i5 sure but if he's gaming, an i7 is unnecessary as that type of processor is more so for thread intensive tasks like coding, streaming, video editing and music editing he would just be wasting money in this case on something he doesn't need. 

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Oh guys and guess what i5 and i7 processors here in the Phil cost a furtune its like buying a new motor cycle :) i got my i3 from a refurb shop cost me roughly around 15-20$ on your money with a board here in the Phil its around 1000-2000 Pesos.

Hey. That's a decent platform for some upgrades. Here are my reccomended changes for the build: 

• first thing is to replace that graphics card. Maybe look at an r7 370 or a gtx950. That card that you have is not going to be doing much. 
  • The cpu is not ideal but is abosolutley fine for some gaming and standard home use. All good there. Same for the motherboard 
  • maybe grab an extra 4gb of ram. 8gb is a minimum for gaming and general use 
  • That power supply. I'm not 100% but it looks pretty sketch. I would grab a good cheap supply. The other components are worth nothing if the power supply blows up and kills them. Look at the corsair CX500. After the GPU upgrade this. 
  • HDD is fine. Maybe look at a small SSD for the so and a few programs and games. Only if you really care about launch and boot times. The HDD is fine though. 
  • Case and cooling? 

This should run those games fine at mid to high settings at 1080p 60htz. 

Hope I helped :)

tell me what Yu think and good luck :P 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

sorry guys i just got back from hell week of workload and i haven't cleaned my son's rig, so many response i was so overwhelmed and so informative, i didn't know that the parts that i bought from a refurb shop could be this good well pay day is fast approaching and i'm aiming for a graphics upgrade or so then a 4gb of hyper x fury ram or an avexir ram ddr3 1866mhz, It's summer time so cooling and cleaning needs to be done frequently room temps are around 32-36C its hot, my choices for the graphics upgrade at the moment are gtx 750ti 2gb 128bit ddr5 (zotac), R7 360 2gb 128bit ddr5. both of this card cost (5,700 php) or around (120-130$) so which is my best bet?.