ORIGINAL Perixx MX2000 or replacement

Armadillito

Hey there,

I have an original MX2000r by perixx, the red model. I love it, it was about £20 and has served me well for two years, the lighting and software is basic and the build is a little plasticky but the mouse works and has a good set of buttons that I can find nothing to match, specifically the under thumb but NOT a 'sniper' button. I love the shape too and I use the lights in the default blue to match my, much less loved, PX-2000 keyboard. It does the job for now. I mostly play CSGO and do work with these.

Anyway, the mouse is red and on it's second set of feet, which are quite worn. I want it in black really and some new feet would help too. My Question is, can anybody point me to a supplier of ORIGINAL MX2000s or a suitable successor? I would like to pay £20-60 for this new mouse. RGB lighting is a bonus, if non-RGB lighting is there I would like it to be blue.

You will struggle to find another mouse that has an under-thumb button. I know the MX Master has one built into the thumb rest but that mouse is expensive and wireless. It also is black and bronze-gold. Good for productivity, though. Are you willing to sacrifice the under-thumb button if you can't find an MX-2000 replacement? I can give you a hand in finding one. I'm from OCN :P

(Edited) Edit: They're selling the MX-2000II (v2) in both black and red on Amazon UK. Red is cheaper but you won't get the free delivery. Black is a few quid more expensive but free delivery is an option. Also found the Sharkoon Shark Zone M51+. Exactly the same shape and sensor but has yellow lighting. It might also come bundled with a mouse bungee.

On 3/20/2016 at 4:15 PM, Big_Chief said:

You will struggle to find another mouse that has an under-thumb button. I know the MX Master has one built into the thumb rest but that mouse is expensive and wireless. It also is black and bronze-gold. Good for productivity, though. Are you willing to sacrifice the under-thumb button if you can't find an MX-2000 replacement? I can give you a hand in finding one. I'm from OCN :P

(Edited) Edit: They're selling the MX-2000II (v2) in both black and red on Amazon UK. Red is cheaper but you won't get the free delivery. Black is a few quid more expensive but free delivery is an option. Also found the Sharkoon Shark Zone M51+. Exactly the same shape and sensor but has yellow lighting. It might also come bundled with a mouse bungee.

Thanks for the reply, I am aware of the MX2000ii, I don't want the greenish LEDs, the worse build quality etc. that most reviews report in comparison to the mx-2000, what I already have is better. I would sacrifice that button if I could easily use the forwards thumb button such as is present on most gaming mice, I like to have a mouse button for in game voice-chat in CSGO etc.

EDIT: oh wait, two mice, I'll check out that other one. A bungee might be nice.

If I could get that sharkoon in blue, red or green I'd be fine about it. That yellow and the £45 price tag really put me off though. I payed more like £25 for my current mouse. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though, funny how these things get re-branded. xD

On 3/20/2016 at 4:15 PM, Big_Chief said:

Aha! I have found this at £18: http://www.amazon.co.uk/ADNS-9800-Utechsmart-Precision-Programmable-Cartridge/dp/B00C9R48A0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Same mouse, same software even, different name on it. I might go for it.

EDIT: on the other hand, it isn't really worth it and I might as well get a mouse with a better build, lighting and faster switches, the clicks are a little heavy on the mx2000. What would you recommend? Could I go wrong with the deathadder, for example? My friend loves his and it seems to get positive coverage. IS there anything a little cheaper but of similar quality i.e. without the razer branding.