Upgrade Path? (Q9650, GTX750Ti FTW, 4GB DDR2)

Hi All,

I Currently have a "El Cheapo" computer, which is actually a Lenovo ThinkCentre M58e 7298-C7U with added components (Spec List Below) and I would like to know a suitable upgrade path as I feel the graphics Card is currently holding the system back.

CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q9650 (4x 3.00GHz)

GPU: EVGA Gefore GTX 750Ti For The Win Edition

RAM: 4GB DDR2 800MHz (Generic Crap From eBay)

PSU: Corsair eXtreme Power 500W

MOBO: Stock Motherboard

CASE: Stock Case

CD/DVD: Stock

SSD: 128GB ADATA SP600

HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue

And also A USB Keyboard, Mouse, Turtle Beach X12 Headset, and Two Monitors (Seen Below This)

Main Monitor: HP w1907 (Running at 1400x900 with a HDMI to DVI Cable with HDMI Plugged Into GPU and DVI Plugged Into Monitor

Secondary Monitor: Generic Dell Monitor Running With EVGA DVI to VGA Adapter and Generic VGA Cable.

I currently want to be able to run games better on the main monitor without lag at above 60FPS (Settings Don't Matter, Only Max Res Does. I'm used to playing consoles so I don't really care about graphics.

Thanks,

waynedud3

1 minute ago, waynedud3 said:

I'm used to playing consoles so I don't really care about graphics.

lol rekt

i would suggest you upgrade your ram first then to a better gpu

but can you still find ddr2? lol

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

getting 8gigs, then going for a new GPU sounds good.

I wouldn't go overboard with the GPU, maybe something like a R9 380?

Get rid of GPU, CPU, RAM, and motherboard. I'd suggest you get an i5-6600k and at least a GTX 960. You can find a decently cheap motherboard and RAM.

yeah my second gaming PC runs a QX6800 ([PC#2] specs in my sig), so it's similarish. 8GB of DDR2 made a huge difference, I also run a GTX 950 in it, it would be a bit of an improvement but I ran one of my 4GB GTX 960s in it for a month That would be a HUGE difference for you. The extra video ram helps cut some of the bottlenecks and speeds up the game play too

edit: oh you want 60 FPS? yeah go for at least an i5, it can be used, but get atleast a Sandy Bridge, but more perferiby a Haswell like an i5 4460

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

The motherboard is actually maxed out in terms of RAM... and its hard to find good 775 Motherboards thees days for a good price.

I would get a whole new rig but I don't play nearly enough to justify the cost.

Well then there's not a whole lot you can do.... but if you go with a B85 chipset at least and an i5 4460 you'd be golden

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

I buy used parts for my PC's, except RAM and HDD's. So would something like a i7 2600k, used motherboard, RAM old PSU that I have Laying Around, GTX 970 and 8GB DDR3? For 60FPS @ 1440x900?

8 minutes ago, waynedud3 said:

I buy used parts for my PC's, except RAM and HDD's. So would something like a i7 2600k, used motherboard, RAM old PSU that I have Laying Around, GTX 970 and 8GB DDR3? For 60FPS @ 1440x900?

Yes in fact that would be perfect for it