I Need Help!

NorwegianBeast

Hi, I want to learn everthing about computers and computerparts, I dont know anything so please explain as much as possible! Thanks for every respond and answers on this post :)

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Best way is to be interested into tech and you should read, watch videos, and spend time on the forum.

it might take a long time but it is worth it. :)

The best way is to read about one part at a time and read until you know what it does, what is about and all the ins and out of that thing. This is where google will be your best friend.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

To put it short

AMD is good for APUs Low budget Gaming CPUS

A CPU is like the human brain which tells the other parts what to do

GPU or Graphics card is basically what makes you run smooth and better frame rates in games

If you are getting a APU then you should not get a GPU it will be a waste

If you CPU say is a i3 from sandy bridge and your running a gtx 780 a powerful card you will bottleneck and not get your max performance 

And I will hand it over to @Vitalius 

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Ok, can you send some links to great sites?

Youtube channels to take a look at

Linus Tek Syndicate TTL NCIX Guides 

welcome to the forum.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Best way is to be interested into tech and you should read, watch videos, and spend time on the forum.

it might take a long time but it is worth it. :)

Yup.

I am a happy wuffy

Welcome to the forum, it took me a while but after looking at websites, videos and browsing communities/forums such as LTT, I gained a much better understanding of computers, which parts to buy etc; It may take a little while to get your knowledge up but you will learn soon enough!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

A thread about what this entire forum is about?

c3e.jpg

Best way (well what I THINK is the best way, to basically not make it feel like homework) is to be genuinely interested, read this lovely forum watch videos read about tech, if you see a word or abbreviation you don't understand ask what it is, or look it up, it's totally okay to ask, and on this forum people will happily answer all of your questions, no one is born with knowledge, and people here are nice :>

Also, don't force yourself if you don't feel like doing it, if you make it like homework it will feel dull and uninteresting and you will lose interest very quickly. Keep it fun!  : D

Hi, I want to learn everthing about computers and computerparts, I dont know anything so please explain as much as possible! Thanks for every respond and answers on this post :)

To put it short

AMD is good for APUs Low budget Gaming CPUS

A CPU is like the human brain which tells the other parts what to do

GPU or Graphics card is basically what makes you run smooth and better frame rates in games

If you are getting a APU then you should not get a GPU it will be a waste

If you CPU say is a i3 from sandy bridge and your running a gtx 780 a powerful card you will bottleneck and not get your max performance 

And I will hand it over to @Vitalius 

I am going to summarize as best I can:

CPU is what thinks (does calculations) for everything in a PC.

GPU is what imagines/visualizes (turns the data to an image) for everything in a PC. 

Note those two are not mutually exclusive, they can do the other's job, but are not as good at it.

RAM is what remembers everything short term.

Storage (HDD's/SSD's) is what remembers everything long term.

Motherboard is what connects them all together and enables them to work together (by way of BIOS, drivers, and many other things). 

PSU is what gives them all power to run. 

APU's are special in that they are a CPU and GPU merged together so that it is good at doing both things. 

As for learning which components are best, you will just have to do the grind that everyone else does for that. Watch all of Linus' videos (1000's), as well as Logan, TTL, etc etc and whoever else you prefer. You probably do not actually need to watch all of them, but do watch the ones over components, and specifically reviews of them because that is where you will learn which is best. 

The NCIX videos where Linus explains and compares certain concepts (60 FPS to 120 FPS, among other things) are best imo for quickly learning a lot about computer gaming related stuff. 

Good luck.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

NorwegianBeast Pull's out Mobile Phone and calls Linus

Linus: Tech Tips

NorwegianBeast  (V.O.): Linus, I need a program for everything about computers and computer parts

Linus is immediately searching the disk drawers.

NorwegianBeast (V.O.): Hurry!

His fingers flash over the gleaming laser disks, finding one that he feeds into NorwegianBeast supplement drive, punching the "load" commands on his keyboard.

EXT HOME- NorwegianBeast eyes flutter as information surges into his brain, all the essentials of computers and computer parts absorbed at light-speed.

NorwegianBeast: Let's go.

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590