More layoffs at HTC America

TopWargamer

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/13/4728670/layoffs-hit-htc-america-as-the-company-struggles-to-turn-itself-around

The bad news for HTC keeps rolling in. The Verge learned today that the company has laid off about thirty employees and contractors out of its HTC America division. That division has a total of around 150 employees and contractors, so the total amounts to about twenty percent of the workforce. As often happens, the employees and contractors were let go at the end of the day on Friday and sources tell The Verge that the layoffs affected multiple departments. The company confirmed the layoffs — though not the exact number — in a statement to The Verge. The statement is rather long, and it is as upbeat as it is defensive, characterizing the "reduction in force" as a "decisive action ... to streamline and optimize our organization and improve efficiencies after several years of aggressive growth."

This really sucks for HTC. I hope they can eventually pull themselves out of their financial problems. They are making some great phones, but the problem is that people just aren't buying them. Why? I have no idea...because they're great phones. 

COMIC SANS

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/13/4728670/layoffs-hit-htc-america-as-the-company-struggles-to-turn-itself-around

This really sucks for HTC. I hope they can eventually pull themselves out of their financial problems. They are making some great phones, but the problem is that people just aren't buying them. Why? I have no idea...because they're great phones. 

Expensive as shit.

Hoping they get bought by Lenovo at this point.

Lenovo's money and quality + HTC's designs = oh god.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Expensive as shit.

samsung and apple phones are expensive and they sell like crazy too so I don't think that is the problem, I think HTC just doesn't have a good reputation atm

HTC is just not big still

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer