Is it safe or not?

Ezsno

Is it safe to remove the battery of my laptop and use the charger to power it up?? 

1 minute ago, Ezsno said:

Is it safe to remove the battery of my laptop and use the charger to power it up?? 

Yes

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

Yes

Will it have any side effects like breaking something etc? 

Just now, Ezsno said:

Will it have any side effects like breaking something etc? 

No,  the laptop will work without any problems.  In fact a lot of people do it when they use their laptops as desktop replacements in order to avoid damaging the battery over time. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

2 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

No,  the laptop will work without any problems.  In fact a lot of people do it when they use their laptops as desktop replacements in order to avoid damaging the battery over time. 

Ohh ok thanks alot :3 

Pretty sure it's actually better to do it that way than have the battery still in charging 24/7. That's what I did with my laptop in college - kept the battery slightly charged and off to the side while my laptop acted as a desktop lol. Only put the battery in when I planned on taking it to class.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

1 hour ago, Ezsno said:

Yes, to be safe you should use a condo... I mean... Yes, it's safe to power the laptop without the battery installed. It's better for your battery in fact, since when the battery is installed, you're constantly topping off the % to 100%, and there's slight micro-wear on the battery. By removing the battery, you're ensuring that it's only being charged when you want it to be charged, thus saving cycles (wear) on the cells.

In practice though, it doesn't make a big difference either way.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)