Looking for the best quality LED strips

Railgun

So I want to add some LEDs to my H440 which means I need some good quality LED strips that are compatible. The one problem I ran into was the fact that a lot of LED strips display themselves looking like this:

https://gyazo.com/c30f6e227eaa462712634af15e8fef18

What I don't like about this picture is how it doesn't look like a smooth glow coming from the bottom of the case. Instead, you see little concentrations of light which is where the LEDs are. I think this looks kinda ugly and would like to avoid this.

I would like recommendations on good LED strips that are compatible with my case and provide a nice smooth lighting effect.

Thanks

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Cablemod widebeams seem to have great lighting spread/diffusion, and the NZXT Hue + looks great for a really personal look.

I like good humans and good food

Just now, Railgun said:

-SNIP-

That mainly has to do with placement and installation of the LED's where they needs to cast the light out towards the components and try to avoid reflections off of surfaces. If it's unavoidable at times then using diffusers over the LED strips can help. 

As for lights themselves Addon Customs or CableMods both make some great LED kits that are ready to go out of the box.

ok thanks

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

2 hours ago, Railgun said:

So I want to add some LEDs to my H440 which means I need some good quality LED strips that are compatible. The one problem I ran into was the fact that a lot of LED strips display themselves looking like this:

What I don't like about this picture is how it doesn't look like a smooth glow coming from the bottom of the case. Instead, you see little concentrations of light which is where the LEDs are. I think this looks kinda ugly and would like to avoid this.

I would like recommendations on good LED strips that are compatible with my case and provide a nice smooth lighting effect.

Thanks

@Railgun Hi!

Hmm, just like @W-L said, if you place your LED's on a good spot, lighting the way of the components in the case. You wont see this ;)

Contact us for a quotation or a chat [Modguru shop] [Facebook] Creating the highest quality products ever

15 hours ago, Railgun said:

Thanks

Got my brother these for Christmas, they're brilliant.

http://www.darksidemods.com/

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Pretty cool to see industry affiliates replying to my thread lol. All I need to do now is buy the LEDs!

1 minute ago, Railgun said:

Pretty cool to see industry affiliates replying to my thread lol. All I need to do now is buy the LEDs!

:D I like that this forums allows it, many other forums doesnt allow it :/

Contact us for a quotation or a chat [Modguru shop] [Facebook] Creating the highest quality products ever

41 minutes ago, Railgun said:

We are EVERYWHERE!!!  lol  Its great how LTT has Industry Affiliates, we can directly interact with members, help members when needed, and also receive help.

As others have mentioned its all about the placement of LEDs, and also the type of window. Some windows are quite thick and end up raised about 3mm inside the case, which is what caused that annoying look, a bit of black tape, or black marker pen around the edge will stop the light penetrating the edge of the window.

Quick tip, look at the amount of LEDs per strip, 18 LEDs per 30cm is best for an even look, you can get strips that contain more but most of the time they use smaller LEDs  called 3528 which are not as bright, while the strips that contain 18 LEDs per 30cm use bigger LEDs 5050 that are basically 3x 3528 chips in one bigger chip.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will happily answer them. :)

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.