Looking for a decent USB cable brand.

Searched for this question before posting, no luck.

I am looking for a good quality, decently priced cable in any of the following lengths; 6inch, 3ft, & 6-10ft (for various reasons)

USB 3.1 type A to type C.

I have looked at Belkin, a good brand with decent pricing if bought on amazon versus their site. I have bought other quality cable through them as well.

Looked at Anker but not familiar with them and I have looked at Incipio but I am not to familiar with them either.

Please advise a brand(s) that you are familiar with and know are of good quality. I am pretty much looking for options beyond what I am used to. Hopefully this will also help someone else with the same question.

Also I am looking for good secondary charger that will work with my 950XL.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Searched for this question before posting, no luck.

I am looking for a good quality, decently priced cable in any of the following lengths; 6inch, 3ft, & 6-10ft (for various reasons)

USB 3.1 type A to type C.

I have looked at Belkin, a good brand with decent pricing if bought on amazon versus their site. I have bought other quality cable through them as well.

Looked at Anker but not familiar with them and I have looked at Incipio but I am not to familiar with them either.

Please advise a brand(s) that you are familiar with and know are of good quality. I am pretty much looking for options beyond what I am used to. Hopefully this will also help someone else with the same question.

Also I am looking for good secondary charger that will work with my 950XL.

Anker, benklin. are good.

However, it's like Ethernet cables. It's ethwnet. It's not going to change anything just get one with good reviews and looks nicw

Anker or ORZLY are both alright. I like Anker because their cables are reasonably priced at least here in UK. Other less 'famous' brands you can take a look at are Tronsmart, Choetech or Aukey for replacement charger.

I would recommend only getting Type A to Type C cables that Benson Leung (From google) has reviewed since he tests the cables in charging and its circuitry. The belkin cables have been approved by him as well as several other cables

There is a huge Google Spreadsheet that contains a bunch of tested Type A to Type C cables (along with other Type C cables).   I ordered the Yoozoon cables.  The first set that was sent to me was the original revision and they allowed too much current through.  Customer service was easy to deal with and sent me the upgraded version which allowed the proper current through for a legacy cable. 

"I have always wanted to know as much as possible about the world." ~Linus Pauling

Thanks to the replies.

7 minutes ago, karn_evil said:

Thanks for the Link.

Looks like I got what I wanted. I suppose I will stick to Belkin like I have in the past, they have always provided oem spec or higher cables.

6 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

Anker, benklin. are good.

However, it's like Ethernet cables. It's ethwnet. It's not going to change anything just get one with good reviews and looks nicw

I have to disagree, non-certified usb cables don't always work well or will / could fry electronics especially since 3.1 will carry a high charge.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

9 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Thanks to the replies.

Thanks for the Link.

Looks like I got what I wanted. I suppose I will stick to Belkin like I have in the past, they have always provided oem spec or higher cables.

I have to disagree, non-certified usb cables don't always work well or will / could fry electronics especially since 3.1 will carry a high charge.

So look for on s with good reviews :)

Anker makes quality stuff, everything I got from them is superb quality. Bought a hand full of usb 2.0 to micro cables from juicebitz, their support is very knowledgeable and actually give you specs put specs of the cable etc. If you're in UK, I can't recommend them enough, massively impressed with them, price is extremely reasonable too, paid more for genuine cables that charge slower and are well less durable.