980 ti worth it

Hey, am thinking of buying a 980ti for gaming in a couple of months. I heard that nvidia is gonna launch new gpus in 2016.So should i wait for their pascal line or is 980ti still worth is for 4k ultra gaming. And dont mind going for the red team, Amd. Suggest me a gpu at the price range of 980ti. In my place 980 ti costs 1 k. And.. Is it worth for 1k.Thank you for your replies. 

1 hour ago, Maddyfunk said:

Hey, am thinking of buying a 980ti for gaming in a couple of months. I heard that nvidia is gonna launch new gpus in 2016.So should i wait for their pascal line or is 980ti still worth is for 4k ultra gaming. And dont mind going for the red team, Amd. Suggest me a gpu at the price range of 980ti. In my place 980 ti costs 1 k. And.. Is it worth for 1k.Thank you for your replies. 

No, just wait. No reason to drop 1k on a GPU that might get outdated. Where do you live?

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Depends on the currency. 'It costs 1k' means nothing since we don't know what currency you use. And since you mentioned you'd get an 980 TI in a couple of months save up some money and get the pascal perhaps of it doesn't bottleneck the rest of your PC!

7 minutes ago, Maddyfunk said:

If you already have a GPU to at least get you by for while, then yeah, wait up. We expect Pascal in June, it isn't THAT far away.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

The price is going to be relative to your localization. If you're waiting a couple of months, Pascal may be launched by then so it would probably be better to get that. If you're buying now, it's still a great buy. The 980TI will likely be very close to the 1080 in terms of performance, but it will bring some architectural changes.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

What is the power req for a 980ti? I have got a vs 550 psu(I know it sucks) but will it hold? 

i kinda have the same question rushing upon my mind
but is the new successor of 980ti would be as expensive as TITAN X , or even more expensive than it? 

would it be worth it waiting for the new pascal line?

6 minutes ago, Zeinone said:

Depends on the currency. 'It costs 1k' means nothing since we don't know what currency you use. And since you mentioned you'd get an 980 TI in a couple of months save up some money and get the pascal perhaps of it doesn't bottleneck the rest of your PC!

1 k usd. Am in india It costs Around  70k inr which is converted to 1 k usd. 

Just now, Maddyfunk said:

1 k usd. Am in india It costs Around  70k inr which is converted to 1 k usd. 

Damn 1k usd is like 350-300$ more than usual depending on the model. Wait until pascal and while waiting save up some more money and see where it gets you !

13 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

No, just wait. No reason to drop 1k on a GPU that might get outdated. Where do you live?

Am from india. Yep i agree caus i have seen ppl build an entire gaming pc for 1 k