Popping/Cracking sound on headset

Darth Blender
Go to solution Solved by SSL,
40 minutes ago, Darth Blender said:

(I feel stupid now) isn't there a way to fix it other than buying an amp/dac?

I thought my mo/bos amp was sufficient for the DT 770

Yes.

Follow the troubleshooting guide in my signature. Ask for help if you get stuck, it can be a confusing process.

I recently upgraded my headset from a 20$ crappy one to the DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms.I installed them to my mo/bos back panel ( Maximus Viii Hero) and when i  watch videos on youtube or movies i hear every now and then a popping/cracking sound.I changed the input and put them in the front panel port (they were recognized as high impedance headphones by realtek's software) but they continue to do these sounds.I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest audio software from asus website and the problem seemed to be solved.It seems that the headphones work perfect for some time after a reboot but after some time they do this popping/cracking sound.

Do anyone knows whats going on or how to fix it?

1 minute ago, Darth Blender said:

I recently upgraded my headset from a 20$ crappy one to the DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms.I installed them to my mo/bos back panel ( Maximus Viii Hero) and when i  watch videos on youtube or movies i hear every now and then a popping/cracking sound.I changed the input and put them in the front panel port (they were recognized as high impedance headphones by realtek's software) but they continue to do these sounds.I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest audio software from asus website and the problem seemed to be solved.It seems that the headphones work perfect for some time after a reboot but after some time they do this popping/cracking sound.

Do anyone knows whats going on or how to fix it?

external AMP/DAC?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Darth Blender said:

No,motherboard's default.

nono, im posting that as a solution lol

get an external amp/dac?

Just now, Moonzy said:

nono, im posting that as a solution lol

get an external amp/dac?

Just now, Darth Blender said:

dont be, i wasnt clear with my statement xD

well ROG board boast about their audio quality, but i have no idea regarding what they can or cant support, maybe you can check their website?

12 minutes ago, Darth Blender said:

I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest audio software from asus website and the problem seemed to be solved.It seems that the headphones work perfect for some time after a reboot but after some time they do this popping/cracking sound.

try disabling windows' auto driver update for hardware drivers and uninstall and re-install it again?

40 minutes ago, Darth Blender said:

Yes.

Follow the troubleshooting guide in my signature. Ask for help if you get stuck, it can be a confusing process.

5 hours ago, SSL said:

Yes.

Thanks for the guide (bookmarked)!.It seems that the problem is latency related...After uninstalling some unnecessary software (system monitoring) the problem seems to be solved.But i still get somewhat high latency from DPC Latency (around 1000-max 2200) but with latency mon i get from 50 to 150 (max 407).What should i do?

49 minutes ago, Darth Blender said:

Thanks for the guide (bookmarked)!.It seems that the problem is latency related...After uninstalling some unnecessary software (system monitoring) the problem seems to be solved.But i still get somewhat high latency from DPC Latency (around 1000-max 2200) but with latency mon i get from 50 to 150 (max 407).What should i do?

If the audio problem is resolved, probably nothing. Otherwise, the implication is that there is still some driver or even hardware that is misbehaving; tracking down the culprit could be a long and frustrating process.