NZXT H440 logo LED

KettyKoala

Hi guys

I have a black/red themed build in the fully black H440. I'm wondering how easy is it to swap the white LED in the NZXT logo on the PSU section to a red one?? I'm not fussed about having to solder etc. But can I get to the LED easily or does it require any cutting? It looks like the plastic panel that the logo sits in could be removable, but I haven't tried yet.

i5-6600k @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Noctua NF-A14's | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | 

Corsair Venegance DDR4 8GB | ASUS GTX 970 Strix |Samsung 840 EVO 240GB + 1TB HDD | 

Corsair RM850 | NZXT H440 Black | 2 x Noctua NF-F12 + Corsair AF-140

sure you can do it

but I would just add a filter for color

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just now, givingtnt said:

sure you can do it

but I would just add a filter for color

That would be easier, but the LED isn't the brightest as it is, so it would probably be worse with a filter

i5-6600k @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Noctua NF-A14's | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | 

Corsair Venegance DDR4 8GB | ASUS GTX 970 Strix |Samsung 840 EVO 240GB + 1TB HDD | 

So I personally own 3 H440's. All of the H440 LED's are dead. I've had too many replacements to replace them. You should find a molex to 2 x white LED's. Cant remember if it is 3MM or 4MM LED's, but it will look alot better. 

Edit: Red LED's are also ease to get

Contact us for a quotation or a chat [Modguru shop] [Facebook] Creating the highest quality products ever

15 minutes ago, modguru said:

So I personally own 3 H440's. All of the H440 LED's are dead. I've had too many replacements to replace them. You should find a molex to 2 x white LED's. Cant remember if it is 3MM or 4MM LED's, but it will look alot better. 

Cheers man, I was also thinking about swapping the white power and HDD LED's to red ones to complete the look, but that should be a lot simpler

On 3/14/2016 at 0:23 PM, modguru said:

I personally own one of every version of the H440 (the 6 original versions and the 2 new versions), the only one that I have had LED problems with, is the original white/black version, which I got at launch, I don't know if that plays a big factor in it or if I just got lucky, but I believe the LED'S are 3MM.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2016 at 4:23 PM, modguru said:

Hi again! I have just bought 2 red 3mm LED's, was i right in buying 12v?