i think my watercooling loop is leaking

i have built a watercooling loop using all ek commponents (wich i would assume are fairly high quality) but recently i have had to replace the Stock top of my reservoir With an x3 multi port top and im not sure if the leak is stil there or not. (there is still blue dust/residue in the basement of my haf xb evo but i think its from the coolant i spilled when i was building by loop)

as far as i can seethe coolant Level isnt dropping anymore, it was dropping when i had the Stock reservoir top.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

i have built a watercooling loop using all ek commponents (wich i would assume are fairly high quality) but recently i have had to replace the Stock top of my reservoir With an x3 multi port top and im not sure if the leak is stil there or not. (there is still blue dust/residue in the basement of my haf xb evo but i think its from the coolant i spilled when i was building by loop)

as far as i can seethe coolant Level isnt dropping anymore, it was dropping when i had the Stock reservoir top.

It takes a while to bleed air out of a new loop, you should investigate for the leak if you're worried however.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Just now, Benji_w said:

It takes a while to bleed air out of a new loop, you should investigate for the leak if you're worried however.

i have looked through my case, i cant find any moisture, only some blue dust/residue.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

i have looked through my case, i cant find any moisture, only some blue dust/residue.

Paper kitchen towel, put it on where it might be leaking from like you should of done while leak testing, if your coolant is blue you'll see it on white kitchen towels instantly.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

1 minute ago, Benji_w said:

Paper kitchen towel, put it on where it might be leaking from like you should of done while leak testing, if your coolant is blue you'll see it on white kitchen towels instantly.

will try that when im home in a week. (have to ship my rig out for the gathering 2016 that same week though so im quite nervous...

(ps: my rig HAS TO BE THERE!!)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

will try that when im home in a week. (have to ship my rig out for the gathering 2016 that same week though so im quite nervous...

Don't ship it full of coolant, it will die.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Just now, Benji_w said:

Don't ship it full of coolant, it will die.

i wont, i will drain the loop. (didnt drainj my loop last time when i was transporting my rig, i think that migth have something to do With the first leak)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

Very, very, very bad idea to ship it out to Hamar if it is leaking. That would mean you'll spend TG without your computer because you need to dry them out (optimally for several weeks). If it survives the ride, there are plenty of people at TG that would be able to help you out. 

Running Arch with i3-gaps on a Thinkpad X1 Extreme
Data Science Postgrad

Just now, Claryn said:

Very, very, very bad idea to ship it out to Hamar if it is leaking. That would mean you'll spend TG without your computer because you need to dry them out (optimally for several weeks). If it survives the ride, there are plenty of people at TG that would be able to help you out.

will ship it there With the loop drained

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

22 hours ago, Strando123 said:

will ship it there With the loop drained

Good. Then find yourself someone there that can help you. Sadly I am not going this year, else I could have helped you out :)

Running Arch with i3-gaps on a Thinkpad X1 Extreme
Data Science Postgrad