Tubing/fittings help

Hey watercooling gods and goddesses.

I currently own a Fractal Design Kelvin S36 (specs in the link below) and am pretty sure I am not getting the cooling performance that the triple rad should be capable of (getting temps of 60-68°C with prime/intelburntest/OCCT with no OC). Reading online i found that some folks had issues with it not being filled properly and containing a lot of air. I do remember when i got it if I tilted the rad i would hear water splashing around quite a bit. So what i want to do is to get the EK-RES X3 150 reservoir, clear tubing and some fluid to top off the AIO and make it look custom(ish) . But I am lost in the whole G1/4 and inner and outer diameter tubing. So if someone can just tell me what tubing will fit the fittings on the kelvin's rad/waterblock and the EK reservoir (I assume it comes with fittings) and if I need anything else to complete the loop. Any suggestions ideas welcome.

Fractal Design Kelvin S36: http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/water-cooling/s36

EK Reservoir: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-res-x3-150

Thanks.

EDIT: 1. using the rad with noctua nf-f12s in push config even at 100% i get those temperatures

2. Would prefer tubing/fittings to be from the EK store

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

its not standard size watercooling tubing or fittings

EK doesnt sell stuff like that

I suggest you just replace all the tubing and fittings with the stuff from EK so that you get perfect compatibility

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

g 1/4" is the part that screws into the res/rad/block and pretty much everything uses g 1/4" threads (the spiral-ey part of a screw) when talking about custom loops. ID is the diameter of a circle made by the inner edge of a cross section of the tube measuring. OD is the same but with the outside of the tube. AIO's don't use standards which are used for custom loops so you cannot upgrade them, so a fitting from EK would not fit tubing on an AIO and might not screw in either (IDK if they use g 1/4" or not).

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

its not standard size watercooling tubing or fittings

EK doesnt sell stuff like that

I suggest you just replace all the tubing and fittings with the stuff from EK so that you get perfect compatibility

5 minutes ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

g 1/4" is the part that screws into the res/rad/block and pretty much everything uses g 1/4" threads (the spiral-ey part of a screw) when talking about custom loops. ID is the diameter of a circle made by the inner edge of a cross section of the tube measuring. OD is the same but with the outside of the tube. AIO's don't use standards which are used for custom loops so you cannot upgrade them, so a fitting from EK would not fit tubing on an AIO and might not screw in either (IDK if they use g 1/4" or not).

ok so if i understood correctly I need to replace the fittings on the rad and block, so all i need to look for is that the fittings are G1/4 and everything should fit?

Just now, LukaH said:

ok so if i understood correctly I need to replace the fittings on the rad and block, so all i need to look for is that the fittings are G1/4 and everything should fit?

You would need to replace the tubing in between too because it is probably a non-standard (for custom loops) size. Remember that you'll also have to replace anything on the rad, so a res  and pump if that's where they are. I would recommend going either fully custom or not going at all. What are you cooling with it? Those are entirely safe albeit a bit warm temps. How is the thermal paste application?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

8 minutes ago, LukaH said:

yup G1/4" is the size

then you just need to decide if you want 5/8" tubing or 1/2" tubing or whatever and pick tubing+fittings that match

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/fittings/compression-fittings/for-10-16mm-3-8-5-8-tubing

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/accessories/tubing/10-16mm-3-8-5-8-tubing

Hope that helps. I would suggest 5/8" tubing since it has thicker walling and because of that doesn't kink that easily..

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

4 minutes ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

You would need to replace the tubing in between too because it is probably a non-standard (for custom loops) size. Remember that you'll also have to replace anything on the rad, so a res  and pump if that's where they are. I would recommend going either fully custom or not going at all. What are you cooling with it? Those are entirely safe albeit a bit warm temps. How is the thermal paste application?

yes i got that the tubing would need to go due to the fittings replacement. I am cooling the FX 8350 which I want to overclock to about 4,8GHz but due to temps I woun't be able to even stability test properly and the TIM application is perfect, small rice size blob in the middle spread perfectly with the mounting pressure of the CPU block. I will be doing a custom loop sometime in the future but not right now with new GPUs coming and Zen seems a waste if I am going to upgrade in a year or so. Replacing the fittings will be all that is needed i think since the pump is on the block and all openings are G1/4. 

11 minutes ago, Limecat86 said:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/fittings/compression-fittings/for-10-16mm-3-8-5-8-tubing

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/accessories/tubing/10-16mm-3-8-5-8-tubing

Hope that helps. I would suggest 5/8" tubing since it has thicker walling and because of that doesn't kink that easily..

thank you! can you just tell me if the res in my first post comes with any fittings? and if EK has any angled fittings (or are they called angled adapters?) because the way that the tubes would come of the block would interfere with the ram or VRM heatsink 

2 minutes ago, LukaH said:

thank you! can you just tell me if the res in my first post comes with any fittings? and if EK has any angled fittings (or are they called angled adapters?) because the way that the tubes would come of the block would interfere with the ram or VRM heatsink 

It does not come with fittings, and bitspower will have them if EK does not.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B