Gigabyte G1 980Ti HDMI 2.0 10bit?

OddsCrazyStuff

https://www.asus.com/Monitors/PA328Q/

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5472#ov

Can I make full use of the PA328Q's 10bit panel, with my Gigabyte G1 980Ti's HDMI (2.0?) output?

5x 27" 1440p monitors are not working out as good as I though, when it comes to productivity, so I will be using the 3x IPS once and replace the 2 TN one with a 4K IPS.

With that in mind, so does it need to be HDMI, as Nvidia surround dont accept DP as accessory monitor. Its just to make my life easier, since the 3x 27" works well as 1 display when editing.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

No 10bit on consumer cards

AMD says it is bringing 10bit to its next gen consumer cards but we will see

EDIT: apparently a driver update has allowed 10bit on the card with DP but windows 8,8.1,10 dont support 10 bit windows 7 supports it if Aero is off

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

No 10bit on consumer cards

980Ti is suppose to have HDMI 2.0, which should support 10bit.

Just now, OddsCrazyStuff said:

980Ti is suppose to have HDMI 2.0, which should support 10bit.

The cable does the GPU (used to) not

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, OddsCrazyStuff said:

Read the edit on the initial response.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Read the edit on the initial response.

It dont matter if the OS supports it, when the programs I use dont support it.

So guess I need to add a quadro to the system, to get 10bit. Wonder how well that plays with my SLI 980TI.

3 minutes ago, OddsCrazyStuff said:

It dont matter if the OS supports it, when the programs I use dont support it.

So guess I need to add a quadro to the system, to get 10bit. Wonder how well that plays with my SLI 980TI.

It will play well but won't help unless you downgrade to windows 7 and turn off aero. Also if the software doesn't support it, it won't help if you have a qaudro.

Just now, thekeemo said:

It will play well but won't help unless you downgrade to windows 7 and turn off aero. Also if the software doesn't support it, it won't help if you have a qaudro.

NVIDIA Geforce graphics cards have offered 10-bit per color out to a full screen Direct X surface since the Geforce 200 series GPUs.  Due to the way most applications use traditional Windows API functions to create the application UI and viewport display, this method is not used for professional applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Photoshop.  These programs use OpenGL 10-bit per color buffers which require an NVIDIA Quadro GPU with DisplayPort connector.  A small number of monitors support 10-bit per color with Quadro graphics cards over DVI.

It will work with a Quadro, but not with a normal card. Plus there is always comparability mode (fake win7).

But Nvidia surround dont play well with that, since the the 10bit panel would need to be on the Quadro card, while surround wants it on the 980Ti as DVI or HDMI.

So guess I'm stuck with 8bit for my current setup. So will I see if the next gen has 10bit somewhere in there.