Best replacement fan for PSU?

Allshevski

Hi, how are you doing?

Today I've been looking for a good fan to replace my PSU's noisy one. Yep, I will loose the warranty but unfortunately don't have more PSUs lying around, no money for a new one and no time to have my PC disabled for 3 weeks..

So I watched some easy guides, seems pretty easy but then read some comments that the PSU delivers very little voltage to the fan and the only I have and it good quality spins up only when it gets 6 volts. Is it true? Also, I don't want to sacrifice my noctuas because the PSU is just not worth it. The requirements for the fan are just to work, be quiet, have at least some static pressure and, not very important but look cool if I want to sell it or something..

Thank You!

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Arctic F12 or Scythe grand flex, cheap fans that are good. If you want better looks, get a corsair fan

just be careful. some parts of a PSU can kill you if you touch them.

8 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Arctic F12 or Scythe grand flex, cheap fans that are good. If you want better looks, get a corsair fan

Thank you. Is the Arctic one silent or not? I will put even my S12A in here if I could but have only one case fan so it kinda sucks. It looks great. And corsair? Never again, had a fan and a PSU with a fan from them. Neither is quiet.

8 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

just be careful. some parts of a PSU can kill you if you touch them.

Yeah blah blah blah, I've never seen a person killed by a PSU.. And also, I don't really mind loosing my life much, it would just be a gentle zap, strain, shock, death... Also, I'm careful right? And capacitors should discharge within couple of seconds, if not, max a day.

Personally would just get new PSU or RMA it 

Magical Pineapples

2 minutes ago, Flesky015 said:

ziptie the fan on the fan slot and use molex power/3pin

Umm.. I don't quite understand what you are trying to tell me.. What ziptie to what and why to use molex and 3 pin and stuff?

Just now, MrUnknownEMC said:

Personally would just get new PSU or RMA it 

Read the second sentence. I have no money for a new PSU as I'm going to buy bunch of storage and I can't have my PC down for two weeks or so..

Just now, Allshevski said:

Read the second sentence. I have no money for a new PSU as I'm going to buy bunch of storage and I can't have my PC down for two weeks or so..

Can't you fork up 50 dollars ... unless you don't have job, i would would get new PSU before getting new storage ... 

Magical Pineapples

Umm.. I don't quite understand what you are trying to tell me.. What ziptie to what and why to use molex and 3 pin and stuff?

duct tape the fan on the PSU instead of opening the PSU and placing it inside, keep it like that till you get a new one from rma/buying one if you want to replace it completely

Just now, MrUnknownEMC said:

Can't you fork up 50 dollars ... unless you don't have job, i would would get new PSU before getting new storage ... 

No, because

1. It will be a slight waste of money as no fan costs so much

2. The PSU is in perfect condition, only the fan is faulty

3. I kinda want these drives

4. If I were to buy a new PSU, it would be 750W one, modular and high quality but these are pricey

12 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

Yeah blah blah blah, I've never seen a person killed by a PSU.. And also, I don't really mind loosing my life much, it would just be a gentle zap, strain, shock, death... Also, I'm careful right? And capacitors should discharge within couple of seconds, if not, max a day.

It's happened in the past, but just be careful.

For fans I exclusively use S12A-ULN's from Noctua; only fan I can recommend :P

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

1 minute ago, Octavialicious said:

It's happened in the past, but just be careful.

For fans I exclusively use S12A-ULN's from Noctua; only fan I can recommend :P

No worries ;) PWM FTW! They are cheaper #noctualogic, unfortunately I will have to get some P12's as this one has terrible static pressure, tiny grill makes it unusable..

8 minutes ago, Flesky015 said:

duct tape the fan on the PSU instead of opening the PSU and placing it inside, keep it like that till you get a new one from rma/buying one if you want to replace it completely

No, because I will have to stop the fan inside anyway, the blades will restrict airflow, I will have to change the PSU's orientation which will ruin my perfect cable management, and it will look ultra ghetto and awful xD

No, because

1. It will be a slight waste of money as no fan costs so much

2. The PSU is in perfect condition, only the fan is faulty

3. I kinda want these drives

4. If I were to buy a new PSU, it would be 750W one, modular and high quality but these are pricey

The Corsair VS is crap. Don't spend money on it, replace it!

Good PSUs include every PSU from Seasonic, XFX, SuperFlower or Delta. The EVGA B2, G2, GS, GQ, P2 and the Antec High Current Series are all very good.

You don't need a 750W PSU, a 550W is more than enough for a top tier CPU and GPU overclocked.

3 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

No worries ;) PWM FTW! They are cheaper #noctualogic, unfortunately I will have to get some P12's as this one has terrible static pressure, tiny grill makes it unusable..

No, because I will have to stop the fan inside anyway, the blades will restrict airflow, I will have to change the PSU's orientation which will ruin my perfect cable management, and it will look ultra ghetto and awful xD

I have soooo many radiators because these S12A's have no SP (360mm + 2x 240mm for a single gpu and cpu loop) But it's worth it imo, A14's and P12s kill my ears :c 

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The Corsair VS is crap. Don't spend money on it, replace it!

Good PSUs include every PSU from Seasonic, XFX, SuperFlower or Delta. The EVGA B2, G2, GS, GQ, P2 and the Antec High Current Series are all very good.

You don't need a 750W PSU, a 550W is more than enough for a top tier CPU and GPU overclocked.

I know it is.. But as I said, no money in my pocket and cheap fan will do the job. And this is why I even bother to do that, if I break something it already was broken or was going to be :D

Yes, I know it perfectly well but still prefer 750W because of less load, noise, things like that. Also if I want to do SLI setup somewhere in the future.

1 minute ago, Octavialicious said:

I have soooo many radiators because these S12A's have no SP (360mm + 2x 240mm for a single gpu and cpu loop) But it's worth it imo, A14's and P12s kill my ears :c 

Seriously? I've heard that they are so quiet. Only my F12 is faulty but still, worse reviews yet inaudible below 40%, then it makes hum caused by vibrations that noctua told me shouldn't be present and to RMA the fan.

Seriously? I've heard that they are so quiet. Only my F12 is faulty but still, worse reviews yet inaudible below 40%, then it makes hum caused by vibrations that noctua told me shouldn't be present and to RMA the fan.

A single F12 even with low noise adapter is like 18dB, but my 8x S12A's + pump are probably around 14dB or so

I know it is.. But as I said, no money in my pocket and cheap fan will do the job. And this is why I even bother to do that, if I break something it already was broken or was going to be :D

Yes, I know it perfectly well but still prefer 750W because of less load, noise, things like that. Also if I want to do SLI setup somewhere in the future.

If your PSU's fan is busted, RMA it. Off the top of my head, the VS's Warranty is 3 years.

You may not even need to return it, you might only have to destroy it, or alternatively you might send it back when you are away from home.

15 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

If your PSU's fan is busted, RMA it. Off the top of my head, the VS's Warranty is 3 years.

You may not even need to return it, you might only have to destroy it, or alternatively you might send it back when you are away from home.

Actually I have to.. At least Corsair support didn't say I can just destroy it.. This is just a PSU.. I don't mind the warranty really.