140mm led case fans, fan controller, input wanted

ZEBuckeye81

Hey guys, I'm shopping for fans for my first build. My case, the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M comes with one 140mm exhaust fan at the rear, and I'm looking to add two more fans to the front for positive pressure.

Being as this is my new build, I'm not entirely sure what to go with. I believe I want to go with led, white maybe blue, and am thinking I would prefer pwm,although have also been looking at a couple of combo fan controllers/card readers that go in the 5.25 external bay.

I've been looking at Corsair AF170, Phanteks, and a couple others. Help give input on good quiet fans and which direction to go with fan control! 

Also, is there anyway to turn on/off the LEDs on a fan aside from soldering in a switch?

Thanks!

for the fan control what motherboard are you looking at. Most asus motherboards include great fan control software, some other brands do include it but asus's is a step above the rest. The corsair AF 140 would be a good choice but the leds are tied to the fan speed so the only way to turn the leds off is turn the fan off

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

I meant to put that in my post, I have a gigabyte ga-z170x-ud5. I'm looking at the aerocool cool touch R and kingwin fpx003

There are some LED fans which have separate power connector and switch for LEDs. But most have single power wire for both fan and LEDs. With those you'll have dimming effect when lowering fan speed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Apparently phanteks makes some with a switch for the leds,but they're not pwm. I guess I may either just not stress over pwm fans, or else do pwm and separate lighting, such as the hue+