Anyone know of any games like Ground control 2?

After making it to silver league in starcraft 2 and promptly getting my a$$ busted down to bronze again.. im kinda sick of it

So i dug through my shelf o' games and found my all time favourite strategy game. Ground control 2

Ground_control_2_box_zpsf44898ad.jpg

Unfortunately the disc doesn't work anymore and this makes me quite sad :(

Now i am a bit curious if there are any newer games that have pretty much the same gameplay

Added this video of one of my favourite missions to show gameplay.

So the main question is:

Do you know if there are any games with gameplay like this made quite recently?

The second question is:
I want to get my hands on another copy of the game... But im not sure if it works on windows 8.

So if there are any other Ground control fans here on the forum that have personal experience with running it on windows 8 i'd love to hear what you have to say.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Is this a RTS game? If it is, then Civilization V is like that game.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

>CIV V

>RTS game

Civ 5 has a completely different style. it's more of a global empire building game.

Ground control is the kind of game where you control the ground forces directly from a top down perspective during various missions.

And it also has no base building element in it :P

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I would say Supreme Commander. Civ V combat is not like that at all

Supreme commander wasn't exactly what i was looking for. But it's still something i definately need to look into :)

Supreme commander wasn't exactly what i was looking for. But it's still something i definately need to look into :)

Also command and conquer. Is good 

Also command and conquer. Is good 

i've not played C&C since Tiberium wars. Red alert 2 is the only one i really liked

i've not played C&C since Tiberium wars. Red alert 2 is the only one i really liked

See i preferred Tiberium wars then red alert

Supreme Commander is good but don't bother with Supreme Commander 2, it was dumbed down really far for consoles and ruined but Supreme Commander and Supreme Commander Forged Alliance are great, FA has more units, new faction and new story that continues from SupCom if you don't care about the story just skip the first SupCom and go straight for FA.. CnC is also great but I've never liked the red alert side of the games, I've always preferred the Tiberium wars side, Kane's Wrath is more of CnC3 Tiberium wars but with 2 sub factions for each main faction and lots of new units and new story etc.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299