GTX 660 Ti vs AMD 7950

Which one, which one, which one will be more fun? Especially in SLI/Crossfire.

7950 by a mile

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I can get an ASUS GTX 660 Ti for $230 meanwhile the ASUS for AMD 7950 is $265.

Chesapeake, Virgnia. (Unfortunately and embarrasingly) USA

Chesapeake, Virgnia. (Unfortunately and embarrasingly) USA

Then you can get 7950s for the price of the 660 ti you mentioned ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

As a college student that price gap is a big. But yea, I think I will go with the AMD 7950. Except I will go with Gigabyte as the manufacturer.

As a college student that price gap is a big. But yea, I think I will go with the AMD 7950. Except I will go with Gigabyte as the manufacturer.

You can get them for far less than $265, not sure where you are looking.

If you're planning to use a single monitor or a single card setup then definitely get the HD 7950 http://amzn.to/1d7XbCs but if you plan to SLI/Crossfire on multiple monitors you will want the GTX 660 Ti http://amzn.to/15Q3hbw since the Crossfire drivers are still broken for an Eyefinity setup.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

I got a sapphire 7950 when the 7000 series launched and I was absolutely floored by the performance (had a 5870 before) It was quiet, it over clocked amazingly I got about 1250 on the GPU if i remember and never went above 68C It played everything I threw at it like a boss and had pretty low power consumption. Any time someone wants a 7950 I always suggest the sapphire vapor X. I loved it and now my friend loves it since I sold it to him. Linus did a video on it too if you want to check it out.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"