What are the best of the FX8000 AMD CPU series

I know there are the 8320, 8350 and 8370 which of them are the best. Thanks and no i cant give two shits about intel

if you like red so much, just wait for zen

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

@Chimras I once overclocked the FX 8320 inn my 2nd rig to the speeds of an FX 9370. Those CPUs are basically the same chip, just with different clock rates. You can save some money by going for the FX 8320 and overclocking it :)

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

You really are shooting yourself in the foot buying an Ancient architecture. becuase you want to save a few dollars on keeping an Ancient MOBO.   

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

14 minutes ago, Chimras said:

I know there are the 8320, 8350 and 8370 which of them are the best. Thanks and no i cant give two shits about intel

i really REALLY REALLY wouldnt recommend you investing anymore in a platform this old, especially when a newer platform is coming out in 2~3months...

1 minute ago, Lolucoca said:

@Chimras I once overclocked the FX 8320 inn my 2nd rig to the speeds of an FX 9370. Those CPUs are basically the same chip, just with different clock rates. You can save some money by going for the FX 8320 and overclocking it :)

Never overclocked before, heard you need to have a good cooler. Can u see if my rig right now works for overclocking. Motherbaord: 970 Pro Gaming, 2 GTX 660, CPU cooler h110i GT, 2 corsair vengance 8gb ddr3 ram, PSU CX750M and a Fractal design S case

@IAcKI He never said he would be gaming. And for rendering, those 8 cores are still superior to an i5.

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

i really REALLY REALLY wouldnt recommend you investing anymore in a platform this old, especially when a newer platform is coming out in 2~3months...

wait a new AMD cpu? I am not so invested in PC news. Please give me more info

Just now, Chimras said:

Never overclocked before, heard you need to have a good cooler. Can u see if my rig right now works for overclocking. Motherbaord: 970 Pro Gaming, 2 GTX 660, CPU cooler h110i GT, 2 corsair vengance 8gb ddr3 ram, PSU CX750M and a Fractal design S case

the h110i gt is one of the best AIO out there, overclocking shouldnt be an issue

and get a better psu

Just now, Chimras said:

wait a new AMD cpu? I am not so invested in PC news. Please give me more info

google "AMD Zen"

Just now, Moonzy said:

the h110i gt is one of the best AIO out there, overclocking shouldnt be an issue

and get a better psu

Recommendations?

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

google "AMD Zen"

Might wait for that i guess

@Chimras Definetely. That H110i GT is definetely enough. You might be getting the speeds of an FX 9590 out of this chip :D I overclocked it on air :D

5 minutes ago, Chimras said:

That motherboard is not the best for overclocking

Just now, Chimras said:

Recommendations?

i dont know what u have locally

but just choose a 650~750W model from the tier 1 or 2 in this list

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

650W should be sufficient for your system with 2x 660

2 minutes ago, Lolucoca said:

@IAcKI He never said he would be gaming. And for rendering, those 8 cores are still superior to an i5.

Judging by his rig and other bits he's said I'm guessing he's a young guy that will be gaming. He might delve into rendering some YouTube videos but not hardcore rendering and the increase is not significant. And if he was super serious about rendering he'd be going x99.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

@IAcKI Do you know how expensive X99 can be? For a budget rendering rig, I'd not go for intel...

@IAcKI Do you know how expensive X99 can be? For a budget rendering rig, I'd not go for intel...

But in this case I am 99% sure he isn't building a rendering rig...

See my Build here!

Just now, Lolucoca said:

ikr, look at linus and his dual 18 core xeon, but outputs bad quality videos lately #shotsfired

@IAcKI Yeah, but it's his decision. If he wants to buy an AMD CPU, then he should go for it. If you can get them for cheap, they still offer pretty good performance per dollar. 

@IAcKI Yeah, but it's his decision. If he wants to buy an AMD CPU, then he should go for it. If you can get them for cheap, they still offer pretty good performance per dollar. 

I think of it this way, If you was looking at a car they were the same price and one had a brand new engine and did what you want it do better with better MPG then another car that was 5+ years old but they were the same price but was better at some little bits but was soon going to be replaced. The newer one has bells and whistle's that you may not even use but they're there. Which would you go for? 

See my Build here!

@IAcKI But that's not the point. He asked which of those three processors he should buy. He doesn't want to go for intel, so you shouldn't try to convince him to do so. I, personally would definetely go for intel, but in the end, it's his choice. 

Let's keep things on topic and not argue over something dumb. Please also bear in mind that telling a user to Google something is not allowed per the Community Standards.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch