Project Madness 1.2 - Any Advice Going Forward?

I built my first computer only three months ago and since then I've been looking for ways to upgrade because of my compromising attitude of the original build. 

The Specs for the first build are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.3Hz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

MOBO: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB)

STORAGE: Kingston SSDNow Series 120GB (Boot)

WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD (Storage)

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6770

CASE: Corsair 330R Blackout Edition

PSU: Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Semi-Modular

Background

There is a small story to go with the CPU and graphics card. My Uncle works at a business around my area and he offered me free parts, so I took them whether they were good or not.

The CPU is great for what I do but the graphics card is lacking so bad I need an upgrade now.

The Plan

The plan is to transplant the entire build into a Master Case Pro 5 because I felt the 330R is very limiting and I want to see my handiwork with the side panel on the Master Case.

To replace the graphics card with a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB Windforce. (All I can afford at a fourteen year old's budget)

Underlying Reason for Making This Topic

The main reason was just to get other opinions on it, constructive criticism toward my plans, as well as extra advice for the future. I am seeking a future career in computers and I want all the help I can get.

I appreciate you taking your time reading and addressing my build.

if you dont need anything only nvidia have (shadowplay, gamestream co-op, shield), i suggest you get a r9 390

390 performs slightly better than the 970 while being cheaper

if you can, upgrade that power supply to a better ones like corsair's RM series/ EVGA G2/ Seasonic

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

pls dont get a 970

better get the amd equivalent its more powerfull, even as a member of team green i suggest this

you can read about the nvidia vs ati lineup in my signature

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/