Can I get a six pack in 100 days?

Fantazzmo

So I just found out that I'm going to the beach in July and I would love to finally accomplish my goal of being a nerd with a "beach bod". I weigh 183 and I'm 6'3" and have around 13-14% body fat. Do you guys think it's possible to lose that much weight and gain muscle by July 1st?

It is what it is

Nope not possible.

My % bodyfat is 5.8 and I still don't have an well defined six pack. Yes, there's muscle there, but it's more of an 4-pack. I weigh 145, and I'm 6' 1.5" tall with a BMI of 18.6. But then again, I'm more focused on whole body fitness than just looking good.

If you want to lose fat, the safe limit is about 1lb a week (recommended by general practitioners and dieticians).

The best you'll be able to do is tone down and build some muscle. Do you have a gym membership or have any sort of workout routine?

You'll want to slightly cut back on calories, not by much, maybe take out junk food/soda if you eat them.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

12 hours ago, ionbasa said:

Nope not possible.

My % bodyfat is 5.8 and I still don't have an well defined six pack. Yes, there's muscle there, but it's more of an 4-pack. I weigh 145, and I'm 6' 1.5" tall with a BMI of 18.6. But then again, I'm more focused on whole body fitness than just looking good.

If you want to lose fat, the safe limit is about 1lb a week (recommended by general practitioners and dieticians).

The best you'll be able to do is tone down and build some muscle. Do you have a gym membership or have any sort of workout routine?

You'll want to slightly cut back on calories, not by much, maybe take out junk food/soda if you eat them.

I do not have gym membership, but i do have a weight bench, treadmill, tanning bed, etc. I have cut my calorie intake down from 2500 calories to around 1500 calories by cutting out most junk food and soda. I'm hoping that if i maximum my calorie loss, then my metabolism should take care of the rest lol

It is what it is

6 minutes ago, Fantazzmo said:

I do not have gym membership, but i do have a weight bench, treadmill, tanning bed, etc. I have cut my calorie intake down from 2500 calories to around 1500 calories by cutting out most junk food and soda. I'm hoping that if i maximum my calorie loss, then my metabolism should take care of the rest lol

Good, so you have equipment you can use. Personally, I do an 2+ mile jog twice a week for my cardio.

As for abs, the weight bench won't help you with much, in that regard. You'll end up doing manual exercises instead such as: planks, crunch, sit-ups, hanging leg raises, leg raises, etc.

If you have an pullup bar, you can bend your legs behind you and brace your abs for an effective core workout.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

12 hours ago, ionbasa said:

Good, so you have equipment you can use. Personally, I do an 2+ mile jog twice a week for my cardio.

As for abs, the weight bench won't help you with much, in that regard. You'll end up doing manual exercises instead such as: planks, crunch, sit-ups, hanging leg raises, leg raises, etc.

If you have an pullup bar, you can bend your legs behind you and brace your abs for an effective core workout.

Thanks for the advice, I've never really thought about using a pull up bar like that. I usually run around a mile a day for 3/4 days a week and do sit ups, planks, squats, and jump rope with them to improve my core strength as well as cardio. I also do leg raises every once in awhile, so I might start on those again. 

It is what it is

145 @ over 6'? is this even possible? i'm way shorter than you and way more also.

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

21 minutes ago, branden_lucero said:

145 @ over 6"? is this even possible? i'm way shorter than you and way more also.

I'm pretty lean, and yes it's possible, says so right on my driver's license :P.

I'm actually gaining a bit of weight at the moment, I'm supposed to be around 150-155 ish.

I was actually around 137 (borderline limit of underweight for my height) at the beginning of this year. I have some leftover fat in my chest I'm really trying to get rid of. Long story short: I was overweight up until around middle school and now that i'm in my 20s, I have some chest fat issues. You can't spot reduce fat, and the chest area is the last place that gets burned from.

So I'm doing an cut/bulk routine to get rid of my chest fat (moobs). Once I get that last piece of fat off, I'll be back to my normal weight ~155ish.