Good SSD, to get to me fast

MajorSpud
Go to solution Solved by vanished,

samsung is still very good if not the best.  Intel is a big name too.  You're right that most - pretty much any - SSD will be great, but some are better than others.

I just ordered one of these.

Has anyone had experience with it? Would you recommend another drive? Please no more than $5-$10 more. 

I'd like to use overnight Amazon shipping, so this one is already out. I'm just basing this on best $/GB on PC Partpicker. I figure any SSD will probably be fine, but I figured I'd ask people with more experience. The last SSD I bought was a Samsung 840 EVO, and that was secondhand. So I'm not sure which brands are good or not.

samsung is still very good if not the best.  Intel is a big name too.  You're right that most - pretty much any - SSD will be great, but some are better than others.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

you should look at the reviews for ssd's 

as you would have a hard time looking at the performance baced on the spec sheet (cuz its not even listed)

so basically look at some professional reviews of ssd's if you want to know if its good or not

"the brands you like should be determined on your personal opinion not on someone else's"

Here's a drive that I use that's cheap and fast:

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-CS2211-Internal-Solid-SSD7CS2211-240-RB/dp/B019H3B32E/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I've generally had good experiences with PNY and their drives.  I RAID 0'd this and the previous model of that drive to get some pretty nice 870MB+ sequential speeds.

3 minutes ago, Devuno said:

you should look at the reviews for ssd's 

as you would have a hard time looking at the performance baced on the spec sheet (cuz its not even listed)

so basically look at some professional reviews of ssd's if you want to know if its good or not

"the brands you like should be determined on your personal opinion not on someone else's"

I've done that, and it looks like it gets good reviews. Not the fastest drive ever, but a great price. It comes with a 3 year warranty actually, which puts my mind at ease. 

1 minute ago, SuperFilthyCasual said:

Here's a drive that I use that's cheap and fast:

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-CS2211-Internal-Solid-SSD7CS2211-240-RB/dp/B019H3B32E/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I've generally had good experiences with PNY and their drives.  I RAID 0'd this and the previous model of that drive to get some pretty nice 870MB+ sequential speeds.

This is going to be going into a Lenovo t420s, so I'm not going to be doing RAID or anything fancy. It also doesn't say anything about the size, which needs to be 7mm to fit. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks for the replies everybody. I have to go now, and by the time I get back, it'll be too late to do the one day shipping. I'm going to go with the drive I already ordered.

Just now, nguinn97 said:

Thanks for the replies everybody. I have to go now, and by the time I get back, it'll be too late to do the one day shipping. I'm going to go with the drive I already ordered.

looks like a good pick btw

good luck with your

• Shockproof & Anti-Vibration ssd (its an ssd lol anti vibration)