Pentiem + 960

Cyrus Howbrook

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if a 20 years anniversary pentiem will go with a gtx 960.

I was just thinking would the CPU be able to keep up with the GPU?

Technically it would, but it's a dual-core so it'd be behind and not even work on a few games.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

1 minute ago, Goldensapling said:

Technically it would, but it's a dual-core so it'd be behind and not even work on a few games.

How about if it was OC at 4.4Ghz

Just now, Cyrus Howbrook said:

How about if it was OC at 4.4Ghz

Well, that's the goal of the Pentium, overclocking.

Again, it will work fine but there are some games that need a quad core and some games (Farcry 4 I believe) won't even start with a dual core

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Just now, Goldensapling said:

Well, that's the goal of the Pentium, overclocking.

Again, it will work fine but there are some games that need a quad core and some games (Farcry 4 I believe) won't even start with a dual core

K thanks a lot, I was aiming for $500 budget PC.

IDK think tat the GPU would have to wait on the CPU but technically it could work be really laggy though I think idk as I said. 

Just now, Ch1ll said:

IDK think tat the GPU would have to wait on the CPU but technically it could work be really laggy though I think idk as I said. 

How about gtx 950 or 750 ti.Not that much of an AMD fan

Hello Cyrus I am currently running a --->

Pentium G3258 Overclocked to 4.3 Ghz (Stable never goes above 50 58 xD Celsius)

Zotac Gtx-960 2GB Model Overclocked by 250 on memory and 250 on core-clock (Sorta stable I've had it crash once but increases the fps of most games by 5-9 Frames)

16gb ddr3 1600Mhz (Not overclocked just don't touch ram unless you know what you are doing or have a Accelerated Processing Unit like any of the AMD A10 series, FM2/FM2+ Socket)

Things I would change I will change probability any I5 Cpu that fits my budget Buy a i5 4690k then overclock it more :P

I can play high to ultra 40-60 fps 

the dual-core is a bottleneck 

Edited by earthbolt122

*Pentium

Just saying. SorrySorrySorrySorrySorrySorry

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

4 minutes ago, earthbolt122 said:

Hello Cyrus I am currently running a --->

Pentium G3258 Overclocked to 4.3 Ghz (Stable never goes above 50 58 xD Celsius)

Zotac Gtx-960 2GB Model Overclocked by 250 on memory and 250 on core-clock (Sorta stable I've had it crash once but increases the fps of most games by 5-9 Frames)

16gb ddr3 1600Mhz (Not overclocked just don't touch ram unless you know what you are doing or have a Accelerated Processing Unit like any of the AMD A10 series, FM2/FM2+ Socket)

Things I would change I will change probability any I5 Cpu that fits my budget Buy a i5 4690k then overclock it more :P

I can play high to ultra 40-60 fps 

the dual-core is a bottleneck 

The only problam is that i am on a budget build

The only problam is that i am on a budget build

this build is going to cost you about 800$ Canadian or 599.12 US Dollar with ship and tax included in price

600 watt psu

8 gb ram

1tb hdd

Gtx 960 2Gb

Pentium G3258

Asus H81-m Motherboard

and some shet case from logisis

Woah, this is exactly my build, i am doing tecsources budget build,, all i am doing is using a ssd with 1  tb hard drive

Woah, this is exactly my build, i am doing tecsources budget build,, all i am doing is using a ssd with 1  tb hard drive

Bud you have to same computer as me Lol! xD

Anyhow.. this is a great starter Pc for gaming Upgrade to a I5 cpu in the future if you can Because a quad core is like VERY *Cough* I mean EXTREMELY Important then i get the money i'm going to buy one then slowly upgrade my gpu to a 980ti from there. Happy building you have a pretty decent pc right now! Because its the same as mine :P

(VERY IMPORTANT NOTE)

Do not "Upgrade" to windows 10 with the G3258 you will not be able to overclock your cpu so stay with window 7.  update your motherboard bios after you have windows 7 installed. Wndows 10 added some microcode to make it so that if you tried to overclock the G3258 that you would blue screen in a boot loop.

Just now, earthbolt122 said:

Bud you have to same computer as me Lol! xD

Anyhow.. this is a great starter Pc for gaming Upgrade to a I5 cpu in the future if you can Because a quad core is like VERY *Cough* I mean EXTREMELY Important then i get the money i'm going to buy one then slowly upgrade my gpu to a 980ti from there. Happy building you have a pretty decent pc right now! Because its the same as mine :P

(VERY IMPORTANT NOTE)

Do not "Upgrade" to windows 10 with the G3258 you will not be able to overclock your cpu so stay with window 7.  update your motherboard bios after you have windows 7 installed. Wndows 10 added some microcode to make it so that if you tried to overclock the G3258 that you would blue screen in a boot loop.

If you really want to run windows 10 Either don't overclock your G3258 or Use an I5 that's one of the reasons i'm going to be buying a I5

45 minutes ago, earthbolt122 said:

If you really want to run windows 10 Either don't overclock your G3258 or Use an I5 that's one of the reasons i'm going to be buying a I5

Thanks man really needed that help, this is my first pc and I really appreciate your help, But I will be using Windows 

12 hours ago, earthbolt122 said:

How about windows 8?

16 hours ago, Cyrus Howbrook said:

How about windows 8?

Mayby, I'm on windows 7