Corsair Air Series SP120 PWM Quiet Edition: Worth it?

OneshotOtter

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about picking two of these up to put on my hyper 212 EVO because the fans I currently have on there are non pwm fans and are rather loud because of that.  I have another corsair af140 quiet edition which does seem pretty quiet, so i was wondering if the smaller sp120s are also actually quiet. Also, are these fans a good choice for watercooling? I know they are because they have a good static pressure rating, but i was curious to what other people thoughts are on these fans.

I personally love these fans they are really quiet (but the BeQuiet onces are better).

The look of those fans is awesome imo

For the watercooling I cant help you...

They're alright. I had SP140s in my system, but ended up swapping them out for Noctua iPPC Industrials. For the money (since you can buy these in a 2-pack on Amazon for cheap) they're a decent fan. 

Yeah they're good but are often pricier than similar alternatives. Also, there isn't much of reason to get an additional fan for the heatsink as opposed to just one unless you're going for that look. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 3/10/2016 at 3:01 PM, MJ... said:
21 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yeah they're good but are often pricier than similar alternatives. Also, there isn't much of reason to get an additional fan for the heatsink as opposed to just one unless you're going for that look. 

I am going for that look a bit, but what else would you recommend at that price range?

3 hours ago, OneshotOtter said:

I am going for that look a bit, but what else would you recommend at that price range?

Prices vary depending on where you're shopping/located. Mind providing more info on that?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.