Google releases Android N Developer Preview

asim1999

Good news, it is now available. New feautures include native split screen, a new flatter notifications panel and data saving features as well as a bettt. Also, thankfully the App Drawer is still here

If you own the Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus Player, Nexus 9 and Pixel C, you can sign up later today to receive the preview on your device. Note that the Nexus 5 is not included. Once the preview is installed on those devices, you will receive future updates. While the page is not yet live (it will be later today), you can sign up at www.google.com/android/beta. Or, you can flash the system image for each of the above mentioned devices by going to www.developer.android.com/preview

Some of the changes now seen in the Developer Preview include the addition of a native split screen for phones and tablets. Picture-in-picture capabilities are also coming to Android with the new build. "Direct Reply Notifications" allows developers to build in a feature allowing users to reply to incoming notifications directly from the notifications shade. And Android N will improve on Doze by allowing the feature to save more battery power when the screen is off. Additionally, Google is working on making apps run in the background more efficiently to reduce the operating system's consumption of memory.

One new feature, Data Saver, will allow Android users to reduce the use of data by apps running in the background, and tries to reduce data consumption when an app is running in the foreground. This is accomplished by "limiting bit rate for streaming, reducing image quality, deferring optimistic precaching," and other methods.

Sadly i cannot include pictures as there are issues with resizing as they are too big

Here is the link to the article to view them:http://www.phonearena.com/news/Google-introduces-Android-N-Developer-Preview_id79147

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

No multiwindow yet?

But I do like replying to texts without changing apps on Messenger like it is now.

I want moar 

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Good, now I can have even more issues with xposed!

1 hour ago, DaltonM said:

No multiwindow yet?

But I do like replying to texts without changing apps on Messenger like it is now.

I want moar 

20 minutes ago, captainespinoza said:

This may make me switch...

PUT THIS IN THE TITLE

i updated and they finally added NIGHT MODE. 

zU70MvT.png

lol, i don't even have Marshmallow yet, :P

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

this release is by no means stable. it may be good enough to be a daily driver but Google isn't promising anything at this point. wait for the next release. i'd flash it on my 6P but it's my only device 

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

this release is by no means stable. it may be good enough to be a daily driver but Google isn't promising anything at this point. wait for the next release. i'd flash it on my 6P but it's my only device 

For a dev release its pretty stable,  I have had minimal issues so far.  I was expecting a shit storm and it wasn't 

1 hour ago, Arty said:

PUT THIS IN THE TITLE

zU70MvT.png

I tried the OTA method to update,  but it failed.  I'm a sad puppy 

13 minutes ago, Monster014 said:

I tried the OTA method to update,  but it failed.  I'm a sad puppy 

hmmm weird, it worked flawlessly. 

did it revert or did the phone die what happened?

I want black mode for my amoled screen >_> 

Every color I can change I change to 100% black.... Cept for my keyboard.. I love pink

Installing this soon on my Nexus 6

stay tuned for status updates on my profile if you give a shit.

Nexus master race

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

*stares at Z5*

I haven't even gotten the Marshmallow update yet /cries

1 minute ago, Ex14 said:

*stares at Z5*

I haven't even gotten the Marshmallow update yet /cries

Nexus Master race

Bow before us plebs

/s

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

5 minutes ago, beebskadoo said:

Nexus Master race

Bow before us plebs

/s

if only I can get it on contract ;;

5 hours ago, thebennyboy said:

lol, i don't even have Marshmallow yet, :P

Same... ._.

#Zenfone2
#Don'tFeelLikeUsingCyanogenMod

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Downloading to my Nexus 5X now.

2 minutes ago, Ex14 said:

if only I can get it on contract ;;

you can buy it unlocked for pretty cheap at this point in time. Also depending on where you live you can get a Nexus 5X for $199 by signing up for Google Project Fi

Just now, TheKDub said:

Same... ._.

#Zenfone2
#Don'tFeelLikeUsingCyanogenMod

Hugs 

Hail Sithis!

12 minutes ago, beebskadoo said:

you can buy it unlocked for pretty cheap at this point in time. Also depending on where you live you can get a Nexus 5X for $199 by signing up for Google Project Fi

Said place have no Google fi. Also cost more to get a nexus 6p + unsubsidised planh vs Phone with contract over 2 years.

1 minute ago, Ex14 said:

Said place have no Google fi. Also cost more to get a nexus 6p + unsubsidised planh vs Phone with contract over 2 years.

that sucks

Hail Sithis!

50 minutes ago, beebskadoo said:

If i contact someone in the USA to get this phone for me, of caurse i'll send 200$ and he'll send me the phone will this work? Are there some restrictions? There is no chance in near 50 years that projects like project fi coming in my country, we does not even have apple, sony, HTC, products official sellers, I live in Georgia (no not the state of america, in east europe)

sadly prices are too high in my country

nexus 5x 16 GB costs ~430$ nexus 6p costs ~680$

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

6 hours ago, Arty said:

PUT THIS IN THE TITLE

what will that actually do? I consider toning down my brightness as night mode. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

1 minute ago, Tocsin_786 said:

what will that actually do? I consider toning down my brightness as night mode. 

It is similar to night theme on the LTT forum. makes the system UI theme dark.

Hail Sithis!

5 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

If i contact someone in the USA to get this phone for me, of caurse i'll send 200$ and he'll send me the phone will this work? Are there some restrictions? There is no chance in near 50 years that projects like project fi coming in my country, we does not even have apple, sony, HTC, products official sellers, I live in Georgia (no not the state of america, in east europe)

sadly prices are too high in my country

nexus 5x 16 GB costs ~430$ nexus 6p costs ~680$

I don't know the specifics of that. Just look into it a bit more.

Hail Sithis!

2 minutes ago, beebskadoo said:

It is similar to night theme on the LTT forum. makes the system UI theme dark.

oh thats wonderful. Its one of the many reasons why i dont buy LG phones or Samsung unless it can get Cyanogen (or any OS with a white background on menus) because it hurts my eyes. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.