No Boot on Brand New Motherboard

miyabwah

So I THINK my old Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 died, I sent it back to get replaced and bought a new MSI Z97 PC Mate to fill in its place. It turned on once after trying to troubleshoot the problems with it. I turned the PC without anything plugged in. When I got the PC to finally turn on, it gave me this message.

Spoiler

nAMO6.jpg

I restarted the PC to see if it would work after setting it up, but it didn't turn on again. What it does is that it just turns on when I insert new hardware, shuts off, then turns on again. It then stays on and does not output to the screen. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Only got it to display once yesterday on onboard GPU, got it to display once today on my GT 620.  

Spoiler

nANpL.jpg 

specs:

CPU - Intel Core i7-4790K 

Motherboard - read

RAM - 4 x 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz (tested in brother's PC, all sticks work)

GPU - GTX 970 (in brother's PC right now, works)

STORAGE - 120 GB Kingston V200, Seagate 1 TB, Seagate 2 TB, WD 500 GB (none were connected while trying to troubleshoot)

PSU - CX600M (in brother's PC right now, works)

Those screens are completely normal. Just click F2 on the keyboard... Also try using the iGPU first, installing the drivers for the 970 and then boot from the 970 again.

I got this same mobo, works like a charm

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

3 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

Is the Gigabyte or MSI board having problems?

I sent the Gigabyte board back because it wouldn't boot, and now the MSI board is having problems.

press F1 and see if anything wierd on the set up. What happen if you press F2? did it boot?

"Strive to be the best and be the best!"

3 hours ago, Xaring said:

Those screens are completely normal. Just click F2 on the keyboard... Also try using the iGPU first, installing the drivers for the 970 and then boot from the 970 again.

I got this same mobo, works like a charm

I got this screen once, went through setup, turned it off, tried to install GPU and RAM, wouldn't boot anymore.

@LanoiClear the CMOS, take the battery off, wait 10s (so everything powers off) and then put it back in. Try to boot again. Also just have the RAM, and CPU in, no drives or GPU, etc

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

3 hours ago, Xaring said:

@LanoiClear the CMOS, take the battery off, wait 10s (so everything powers off) and then put it back in. Try to boot again. Also just have the RAM, and CPU in, no drives or GPU, etc

No luck, still just a blank screen.