Is the Logitech G710 worth it?

KezzaMcFezza
Go to solution Solved by Hackentosher,
2 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

I have been using this dell keyboard thats has membrane key switches for about five years and i want to get a mechanical keyboard because its starting to fail on me, and i noticed linus has a G710 on his personal office desk. My question is, is it worth it?

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Mechanical-Keyboard-Tactile-High-Speed/dp/B009C98NPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454371526&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+g710%2B

P.S What i mean by is it worth it is will it last me 5 years like my dell one did and will it perform well? :P

Mechanical keyboards are definitely worth it, but the G710, eh, not so much.  A friend of mine has one and has had to replace the keycaps. The keycaps are pretty shitty and will break pretty easily (according to him, but he doesn't take very good care of his computer gear). I would recommend getting a better built keyboard from someone like Corsair, Ducky, or Coolermaster.

I have been using this dell keyboard thats has membrane key switches for about five years and i want to get a mechanical keyboard because its starting to fail on me, and i noticed linus has a G710 on his personal office desk. My question is, is it worth it?

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Mechanical-Keyboard-Tactile-High-Speed/dp/B009C98NPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454371526&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+g710%2B

P.S What i mean by is it worth it is will it last me 5 years like my dell one did and will it perform well? :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

I like it, but haven't had it for long.

Some guy called my office, trying to sell me computers. I just said "oh you mean those little box's with the tv on top? Yeah, our accountant has some". He promptly gave up and hung up the phone lol

2 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

Mechanical keyboards are definitely worth it, but the G710, eh, not so much.  A friend of mine has one and has had to replace the keycaps. The keycaps are pretty shitty and will break pretty easily (according to him, but he doesn't take very good care of his computer gear). I would recommend getting a better built keyboard from someone like Corsair, Ducky, or Coolermaster.

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Ok thanks for the advice!

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

I have had my G710 for 3 years now, only my right control key broke. With a bit of glue nd the missing piece it has survived. Its a great keyboard so I would recommend it. Corsair has the Strafe which is also a really sweet keyboard. Go for brown switches, they are quieter than red or blues and I prefer them. Corsair is offering silent switches so maybe you could give them a try aswell.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

6 minutes ago, ClownFace1511 said:

I have had my G710 for 3 years now, only my right control key broke. With a bit of glue nd the missing piece it has survived. Its a great keyboard so I would recommend it. Corsair has the Strafe which is also a really sweet keyboard. Go for brown switches, they are quieter than red or blues and I prefer them. Corsair is offering silent switches so maybe you could give them a try aswell.

I have a cooler master keyboard with Cherry blues. I added some rubber extra rubber bands from my orthodontist as a dampener and it's absolutely fabulous. Also, in my personal opinion, I don't think you should have any keys breaking on a keyboard ever. I've had my Quickfire Rapid for 4 years now and have had 0 issues with any part of it. My keyboard is a testament to the durability of most mechanical keyboards. Never had a failed switch, never a broken keycap, it's still in pristine condition after a couple thousand hours of gaming, and countless hours of writing. Fabulous keyboard.

-edit- oh shweet, I got best answer! ty!

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

I have a cooler master keyboard with Cherry blues. I added some rubber extra rubber bands from my orthodontist as a dampener and it's absolutely fabulous. Also, in my personal opinion, I don't think you should have any keys breaking on a keyboard ever. I've had my Quickfire Rapid for 4 years now and have had 0 issues with any part of it. My keyboard is a testament to the durability of most mechanical keyboards. Never had a failed switch, never a broken keycap, it's still in pristine condition after a couple thousand hours of gaming, and countless hours of writing. Fabulous keyboard.

-edit- oh shweet, I got best answer! ty!

The G710+ is the first mech keyboard I have used for an expensive period of time. I understand keycaps breaking is a down fall but its just keycaps. You can pick up a whole new set for like $20. These days there are quiet good keyboards for around the same price so it isnt an issue. I just dont like how the 710 has been give a bad rep because its a fantastic keyboard built wise except for the key caps. Its not like switches stop working or anything. It also helps if you look after your stuff lol.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

I'm still using a G15 v1 I bought 11 years ago. Use it every day, still works like a charm.

It's a testament to the quality of Logitech products. I use Logitech products exclusively on all of my PC's, and I've never had one break down.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

2 hours ago, ClownFace1511 said:

Ok :)

I have a G710. The breaking keycaps issue was resolved at the end of 2014. There's still ppl complaining about that, but Logitech have a longer warranty than most for keyboards and with 3 years, all the ppl referencing that are either reading old reviews and complaints, are either too lazy to file a claim, or have already moved on to a different keyboard and didn't care to know that Logitech support their products (They'd have sent you an entire NEW one so you don't have to change the caps yourself!). 

At $90 for the G710 and $100 for the G710+ I'd say it's just out of the range of being worth it.

It's worth it for about $70 or less, $80 max. I got mine for $50 on Black Friday.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS