How hard is it?

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I wasn't sure where to put it.

I'm planning to build a PC soon, but I'm not sure if I could do it. How hard is it to install an AIO on a CPU, install all the other components...make sure everything is plugged in right, etc...?

I might just ask my local Fry's to build it, but I wanted to see what you guys said first.

Thanks!

super simple

different AIOs have differing installation methods, so the difficulty depends on which one you have.

Really, if you watch plenty of LTT's build guides, you can't go wrong.

Front panel connectors are the most difficult part imo, but just follow your mobo manual, and you should be fine

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

2 minutes ago, TheTechNoob said:

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I wasn't sure where to put it.

I'm planning to build a PC soon, but I'm not sure if I could do it. How hard is it to install an AIO on a CPU, install all the other components...make sure everything is plugged in right, etc...?

I might just ask my local Fry's to build it, but I wanted to see what you guys said first.

Thanks!

well its not hard at all if you have patience. it can be a fun experience. To install the AIO just follow the instructions in the box.

If you have any diffulculties while building just come back and ask us! :D

Happy Building!!!! :D

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Putting it together after you have chosen all the parts is not that complicated nor difficult. 

The problem though is, being new, the troubleshooting if something goes wrong can be a bear. 

I built my first computer last month, and everything happened nicely, but i did have huge concerns about what to do if something was wrong. 

Ultimately, just do it, and you have a great resource here if something untoward happens. 

Thank you guys. I know I could watch videos, I'm just a super nervous person. Especially with expensive electronics haha. I will check it out and see though.

The title's a bit vague...

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol that's what she said

Noooooo! Frys is garbage, at least around me, every expensive part I've bought from them have been faulty, the last set of ram I bought from them that they were trying to sell as new, had fingerprints all over the gold connectors, I like to go there and ask question about pc components acting as if I know nothing, and they are almost always wrong lol

The cooler come with a manual. You can check if you're not sure what to do. Don't bother watching tutorials as the mounting can be different.